Finasteride: 1 mg or more?

Today I started taking Finasteride (to be exact, Finasteride Mylan Italia 5 mg). As the dermatologist said to me years ago, I have to break the pill in 4 parts and taking one part every morning. This before I started to see a beginning of miniaturization all over my head (including vertex, in these last months) and that the situation on the temples gets any worse.

Now I ask you:

- it's risky increasing the dosage? I am scared of sides if I increase the dosage.

- if not, the benefits would be greater or nothing would change?

Thanks to everyone. I hope that the cure improve my situation, even if there are no studies that confirm with CERTAINTY that Finasteride restore the hairs (only large percentages).

Cutting a 5mg pill into 4 will give you about 1.25mg dose a day. I started with 1mg dose pills but I've switched to cutting the 5mg pills to save alot of money, still no side effects like before.

If you didn't get side effects when using the 1mg dose you probably won't have them on 1.25mg either, its not that much more. And 1.25mg is not going to work better than 1 mg, the pharmaceutical studies found the 1mg dosage to be the best for getting the hair loss prevention benefits.

Edited by ciaus