Dr.keser , recommanded or not for a FUE ?!

wanthair7

Hello ,

Dr.Keser is always checking all parameters on site with the patient together and makes the decision.

What Bill wrote on the post before is exactly what we think about safe/ non safe zone.

But there are some other important technical points with FUE :

If you extract to low some people have a higher transaction rate. Some people have the best Grafts ( Multis ) in the higher region and in the lower region they have more single grafts.

You can not say that you will only extract from the lower region because you dont know the transaction rate on this site.

And if the transaction rate is to high, then you have to change the area for the extraction to get an acceptable transaction rate ( 1-5% ) .

There are much more technical tricks with FUE that we will explain in future.

But you have to know that everybody has different anatomic properties and every case is different.

Best Wishes

Regards

Khan

----------

Manager Derma-Plast

Originally posted by windjc:
Originally posted by Bill - Managing Publisher:

Guys,

I've emailed Dr. Keser earlier today asking about his availability so I can learn more about his practice. I've also asked him to take and present photos that demonstrate a typical day of surgery at his clinic. I think it's important that we not only view his results, but that we acquire a better understanding of his surgical procedure. After all, we want to be as thorough as possible in prescreening surgeons before potentially recommending them.

Regarding the safe zone - I do think there is some room for flexibility and adaptability depending on the patient. While some of the donor photos show FU grafts harvested above and below the universal safe zone, sometimes in order to obtain more grafts, a physician will migrate into areas still considered to be safe given a patient's hair loss pattern and family history of hair loss. I refer to this as the "custom" safe zone.

There are a few additional risks of removing hair from the custom safe zone however, as long as risks are minimal, a patient is fully informed of the risks, and consents to them, then I see nothing wrong with this. I included the part about risks being minimal because I think that some things are obviously not within the best interest of the patient. Thus, even if a patient consents to something not in their best interest, the physician(s) need to be held accountable. But most reputable physicians will take a patient's individual circumstances into consideration and sometimes deviate slightly from the norm in order to help a patient meet their goals, that is, if their physiology and characteristics call for it.

Best wishes,

Bill

Of course, everyone is different. That's a given. But when I see pics of a 28 yrd old with recession in his 3rd zone and a clear diffuse thinning pattern to NW4 and then I see grafts taken well above the NW7 line and arguably above the NW6 line, then I have some serious questions.

Maybe the patient wanted him to do it. Maybe it was the only way to harvest the grafts he needed. I don't know.

But it is a little frustrating when I ask the such questions and the moderator or the office's forum representative answer in effect "risks are minimal" or "the doctor knows best".

I have nothing against Dr. Keser, but come on. We should ask for specific answers regarding this for any doctor.

I find myself agreeing with windjc. Regardless of whether the parameters of the safe zone differ from patient to patient, the fact of the matter is that Dr. Keser took grafts from outside the universal safe zone on a patient that was very young and appeared to be heading towards an advanced pattern.

The results Dr. Keser shows look good. What concerns me is that most of the patients are younger and have relatively minimal loss. He also does his punches very quickly, and from everything I've read about fue, it takes extreme care when removing the grafts. To be honest, it reminds me a lot of Alvi Armani. Now, perhaps at this stage that's an unfair assessment. The jury is still out for me on Dr. Keser....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Well there is a difference. Dr. Keser does what appears to be the whole procedure with help of a tech. He also does between 500-800 grafts a day. The work looks good as well as the price if i new i would get these kind of results with fue a 100% id jump on plane Ankara

But it is a little frustrating when I ask the such questions and the moderator or the office's forum representative answer in effect "risks are minimal" or "the doctor knows best".

Excuse me Windjc...

But I was offering a very general opinion and view regarding the safe zone. This is not only my view, but the view of dozens of leading physicians. I was not addressing specific concerns you had about specific results. In fact, your last post contains no reference or links to a particular result you are concerned about. I can't read your mind. If you want my input on a particular result, send me a link or share your concerns on the thread featuring the results.

That said, I am inclined to agree that physicians need not to deviate too far outside of the universal safe zone on extremely young patients. The younger the patient, the higher the risks.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Managing Publisher:

Excuse me Windjc...

But I was offering a very general opinion and view regarding the safe zone. This is not only my view, but the view of dozens of leading physicians. I was not addressing specific concerns you had about specific results. In fact, your last post contains no reference or links to a particular result you are concerned about. I can't read your mind. If you want my input on a particular result, send me a link or share your concerns on the thread featuring the results.

That said, I am inclined to agree that physicians need not to deviate too far outside of the universal safe zone on extremely young patients. The younger the patient, the higher the risks.

Bill

Here's one from this forum:

Example

Again, I'm not a Keser hater. I love FUE. Had it done myself and have very good results.

I just don't understand the graft selection at all.

Windjc,

I think you brought up some valid concerns on the post you linked to. While the results look great, it's hard to know for sure whether or not the patient will lose hair in the back 10 years from now. Obviously, if he does, he will also lose some transplanted hair.

I do think Dr. Keser's representative made some good points too. If in person, he saw the follicles showed no signs of miniaturization and family history was on his side, perhaps physician and patient agreed to take the risk to get the most and best grafts to meet his goals.

For instance, when I was 29 years old, I had my third hair transplant with Dr. Hasson. The strip he harvested did extend quite close to my temple region, an area outside of the universal safe zone. I was already almost a full Norwood 6 by then and one could argue that I could very easily head toward a Norwood 7. Family history showed however, that everyone with loss like mine still had "high sides" and minimal to no temple loss. Upon evaluating the follicles at my temples, Dr. Hasson saw no signs of miniaturization, so we discussed the possibility of him extending the strip into those areas to get more grafts. We discussed the risks and I agreed for him to extend into those areas to harvest as many grafts as possible.

Now, there is a risk that 10 years from now that if I lose hair in the temple area, I'll lose some of the hair transplants. But I knew the risks and made the decision anyway. Even if I did lose some, at least it bought me several years of the fullest head of hair possible. And if I do lose some of that hair, the net loss should be minimal.

I'm not suggesting that everyone has the same attitude as I do. Perhaps some patients would not be wiling to take such a risk. The idea here however, is a thorough discussion and understanding of the risks so that patients can make informed decisions. In my opinion, physicians should never deviate from the norm and take additional risks without first discussing it with the patient.

I'm not arguing that physicians should haphazardly harvest/extract follicles from non-safe areas either. I am however, suggesting that an individual's characteristics should and do come into play when defining a "custom" safe zone.

That said, I certainly wouldn't want to see Dr. Keser taking hair from areas proned to loss in the Norwood 6 and 7 regions on every patient. This would be careless and not within the patient's best interest.

Best wishes,

Bill

I agree on most points you make Billo.

Hopefully the doctor could comment on his pre-surgery conversations with this particular patient especially since they wanted to show this patient on the forum.

• 2 months later...

I had a hairtransplant with Dr. Keser about a month ago in March. I am from the United States, New York to be exact. I am very happy so far. It was a great trip and I am excited to see my results in the coming months! I will be making another thread on this site with all of my pics and details.

• 1 year later...

Dr. Keser is one of the best in the FUE industry. My Turkish cousin told that he is considered there in Turkey as the king of FUE. He is dedicated to it. Universal zone is not a bible. I have seen many cases when extraction was out of universal zone and too high with big doctors such as H&W. You got to have a look at a member called AVIRAN, he yielded much better as he was Dr. Wong patient before. Hair Restoration Site for aviran

I just did my strip repair of 2500 grafts with Dr. Rahal. But if Im goin to do FUE. Dr. Keser will be my top choice. He is an exclusive FUE doc with great results.

I may go to him or Dr. Bisanga next July to FUE my scar and refine my crown and some of my midscalp if needed.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri,

I could not find adequate info on Dr. Keser, at least as far as his HT results, creditentials & memberships

what is his medical speciality ? ; does he perform HTs exclusively ?

from his website it seems that he performs other types of plastic surgeries as well

How is his work compared to other HT FUE surgeons ?

I emailed his clinic some time ago but they never responded which for me is not really a good sign

Im not working for him or have any connections with him. But I swear that they replied my online consultation in 3 days only. That guy was very helpful and quick responding, I guess his name is Ozgur Ersoy. Try to give them call as its Ramadan holy month so maybe they are not performing fully. Well Dr. Keser is talented indeed as a surgeon but when it comes to HT, he only performs FUE in all of his patient and In addition the price is low as EURO 3.5 ... Its just for him being from Turkey cant be a member of IAHRS or maybe dont feel paying fee to be recommended. So membership IMO isnt a criteria. To me seeing is believing. So far I didnt hear any complains from Turkish hairloss forums. If you do, then please share with me. Thanks.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri,

I was hoping you could ask your friend who had his surgery with him a few questions, for example - does he use microscopes (microscopic dissection) ?, how many surgeries does he perform per day ? and how good are his techs ?

Finally,

I noticed that he does not speak english very well and that he has not attended any conferernce e.g. IAHRS or other, which probably means that he is not linked or does not share his knowledge & experiences with others out there

• 1 year later...
The results Dr. Keser shows look good. What concerns me is that most of the patients are younger and have relatively minimal loss. He also does his punches very quickly, and from everything I've read about fue, it takes extreme care when removing the grafts. To be honest, it reminds me a lot of Alvi Armani. Now, perhaps at this stage that's an unfair assessment. The jury is still out for me on Dr. Keser....

As an Armani FUE patient myself I would say yes that's an extremely unfair comparison.

Do you think Armani would stop at 800/900 grafts in one day? Carried out meticulously by himself to ensure maximum yield? Not on your nelly. The same day I was in getting 2000 FUE there was another guy in getting similar. And one of his other patients who I got to know through forums had 5000 FUE grafts in one day, all thanks to a motorised punch used by a tech.

Keser doesn't seem to be particular good at communication but from what I've read he doesn't have to be. The suggestion is he's inundated with work and doesn't need to market himself on forums. On that perhaps the jury is out but in this sense alone he couldnt be more different to Armani. Not really sure where you were going that comparison.