Suggestions on covering up scar from a decade old FUT hair transplant

Hi,

I had a FUT HT around 10 years back, would have preferred FUE if it was available then.  It did help me to a good extent at that point and over the years i continued to lose more hair and didnot actually pay too much attention. I never took minoxidl or finesteride etc post HT as well all these years...just that was wary about the side-effects....and scalp itchness when i had initially used...

Now  I need a suggestion.... I feel am at the point of hair loss where i can shave off my head....and given covid conditions I did shave.....but main concern is clearly visible scar.... am attaching pictures here... can doctors or experts here suggest best options for me...

It might need a lot of FUE follicles to cover up the scar alone? Instead of covering the scar...these follicles can be used to add some frontal hairline...?

Or is there any other applicants etc which can conceal the scar to some extent assuming i shave my head...

Appreciate your suggestion...

20200919_225946.jpg

20200919_230059.jpg

20200919_230113.jpg

20200919_230129.jpg

My FUT scar is similar to yours(but wider)  I will be using some beard grafts for mine. I have consulted with a few clinics and they recommended between 300-500 Beard grafts to hopefully adequately camouflage it. 

You also could consider having SMP if you have your hair short.

@Gatsby has had this done with a excellent result.

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ciaus said:

I agree about @Gatsby 's scalp micropigmentation, very impressive. Went looking for a recent topic where he posted a more recent pic, had to go back a bit further to a topic in may for this before/after.

image.thumb.png.7ea7b39e7bfe2326cb7a048aafa53d0f.png

Wonderfully done.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

8 hours ago, suresh_reddy said:

Hi,

I had a FUT HT around 10 years back, would have preferred FUE if it was available then.  It did help me to a good extent at that point and over the years i continued to lose more hair and didnot actually pay too much attention. I never took minoxidl or finesteride etc post HT as well all these years...just that was wary about the side-effects....and scalp itchness when i had initially used...

Now  I need a suggestion.... I feel am at the point of hair loss where i can shave off my head....and given covid conditions I did shave.....but main concern is clearly visible scar.... am attaching pictures here... can doctors or experts here suggest best options for me...

It might need a lot of FUE follicles to cover up the scar alone? Instead of covering the scar...these follicles can be used to add some frontal hairline...?

Or is there any other applicants etc which can conceal the scar to some extent assuming i shave my head...

Appreciate your suggestion...

20200919_225946.jpg

20200919_230059.jpg

20200919_230113.jpg

20200919_230129.jpg

You could go for an SMP or take beard grafts to cover up the scar area. Whichever is better suited to your purpose of styling.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Valued Contributor

In my opinion you could have beard hair transplanted into the scar. If you are not happy with that then you could later have SMP as well. In fact the combination of the two may be the best option if you choose to shave your head. The other option is to let your hair grow out and leave it and/or have more hair transplanted on top (if that's your choice). SMP alone is great. Over time though it will fade. The scar will never appear as bad as it was but over time it will require another session in say 3-5 years (depending on how your liver breaks it down, how much exposure your scalp has had to the sun, etc). All the best.

Thank you, Gabrielle and Gatsby for the suggestions......

I was wondering if we could enough grafts from beard and post FUE will it look patchy...anyway this would need some appointments with docs.

Is anyone aware of thread or recommendations for "Is there some recommended doctors/clinic's for SMP in India?"

On 9/20/2020 at 7:20 AM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

You could go for an SMP or take beard grafts to cover up the scar area. Whichever is better suited to your purpose of styling.

Hi Nelson .

Do you have any before and after pics where grafts were placed into scar.