Really need help on what to do about my hair loss

16 minutes ago, Ab93 said:

What makes you say that?

Inside the red circle it looks like you're already thinning there too.

So that only leaves a tiny strip of donor (inside the green box).

But you would really have to have a doctor look at this to make sure

N7.jpeg

Edited by Westview

3 minutes ago, Westview said:

Inside the red circle it looks like you're already thinning there too.

So that only leaves a tiny strip of donor (inside the green box).

But you would really have to have a doctor look at this to make sure

N7.jpeg

I saw a dermatologist a few months and they looked at my donor with a microscope. They didn’t mention any kind of thinning in the donor. They did say I had quite fine hair but nothing about thinning. If I am heading NW 7 then it’s pretty much game over right now then

I'm not so certain that you are heading towards a NW7, but your hair loss could be diffuse which can make things equally tricky.  Seeing a dermatologist is fine, having multiple in-person consults with elite, ethical hair transplant surgeons is better.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

5 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

I'm not so certain that you are heading towards a NW7, but your hair loss could be diffuse which can make things equally tricky.  Seeing a dermatologist is fine, having multiple in-person consults with elite, ethical hair transplant surgeons is better.  

Personally I see myself heading towards NW5/6. The plan was to go and see a few elite doctors but the covid situation doesn’t really help. What would you say about my actual donor area?

I think @Westview correctly identified the area of concern.  Are you on fin?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

What might save you is I can see little to no thinning along your sidebanks.

It would make for a rather strange MB pattern then, but I have seen them on occassion.

Another advantage you have is looking at your pics you have very thick hair.  Thats a huge bonus!

Having said all that, its way too early to assess what Norwood you are headed for.

You  need to be patient and let the baldness pattern take its natural course.

Not easy though.  I know the exact anxiety you're going through right now, it sucks!!

Edited by Westview

1 minute ago, Westview said:

What might save you is I can see little to no thinning along your sidebanks.

It would make for a rather strange MB pattern then, but I have seen them on occassion.

Another advantage you have is looking at your pics you have very thick hair.  Thats a huge bonus!

Having said all that, its way too early to assess what Norwood you are headed for.

You  need to be patient and let the baldness pattern take its natural course.

Not easy though.  I know the exact anxiety you're going through right now, it sucks!!

Thanks very much for your thoughts. Those were pretty much my thoughts. It could be a case of a bad haircut. I wouldn’t say my hair caliber is thick but I have a lot of it. Well I did at least haha.

The amount of anxiety I go through is at times intolerable. Personally I think it’s the reason I can’t tolerate finasteride. I tried so hard to ignore the sides and talk myself into thinking it’s all in my head. But I just couldn’t cope. 

If worse comes to worse you can always do a scalphair transplant on top, and do a partial beardhair/scalphair transplant on the crown.

Thats kinda what I'm doing right now.  I'm a NW6 and I dont have enough scalphair for both the top and the crown.

Read more here: https://www.realself.com/question/argentina-ar-norwood-achieve-visually-full-head-hair-combining-hair-back-head

7 minutes ago, Westview said:

If worse comes to worse you can always do a scalphair transplant on top, and do a partial beardhair/scalphair transplant on the crown.

Thats kinda what I'm doing right now.  I'm a NW6 and I dont have enough scalphair for both the top and the crown.

Read more here: https://www.realself.com/question/argentina-ar-norwood-achieve-visually-full-head-hair-combining-hair-back-head

Think I just need to get my donor area inspected by a doctor so I know where I stand.