Bad Hair Transplant Makes the Irish Times

• Moderators

It says they estimate the repair cost at between 26000 and 50000. I don't know the exchange rate, but that sounds like a lot considering he originally paid 7000. I'm wondering how bad can it be if he has enough donor left to do up to 50000 worth of work.

When I had my lawsuit going on, the estimated repair cost was 0 because it was deemed unrepairable by several different Drs. That's one potential problem with a settlement for repair costs for something that is not renewable. Any hair that has been lost is gone. No amount of money can ever bring it back.

Any amount of repair he can possible have done, could have originally been done without it needing to be a repair. Thus he will always be left with a lesser look than was originally possible.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Terrible lawyering imho.... have your expert witness ready to give an actual cost of repair. Stress the FACT that it will take 2-3 sessions to accomplish his repair.

That each session takes a full year to grow in before the next session can be done. That it will take 3+ years of this mans life to do this.

Plaintiff is leaving the cost issue to the judge. Be interesting to see what the judge comes back with.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Any pics of his HT?

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

Right Swim--- you would have to estimate --- you know if he actually won a suit like this he has to be in terrible shape, and that most repairs take at least 2 sessions/visits, etc...

The doctor could have outlined a treatment plan, based on his assessment of the situation, and that could be presented to the court.

I did not see this type of plan detailed in the article.

That would have been educated opinion by the expert witness, based on his experience, not, "Well, I'm not sure"---the judge is not a HT expert and will be left to figure it out on his own.

Notice the defense expert was able to put a dollar amount on the situation, which is always lowballed.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Good for him--while I am happy that he was able to get his medical procedures covered, the 30,000 BPS seems a little low for years of hiding under a hat.

I am glad that he won a settlement---it would be nice if those who insist on performing HT's like a fast-food chain would take notice.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Good research there Bill!

It does seem a little unprofessional that Dr Collins cannot put a better estimate on the cost of a repair. Maybe it is a stategy by the defense team to get a higher amount of money. However, I'd imagine the judge would award for the cost of the repair + damages.