BHT causes loss if prior transplants??

dassanono

So ive been looking to get more density and wanting to add bht to my donor area also. I reached out to a turkish company because this part should be lightwork.they said ok. And when i got the consultation call they said they cant do a bht because itll cause my old transplanted hair to fall out?? Ive never read or heard anything about this. Does anyone have any advice or input? I cant keep extracting from my donor area. Ill end up bald in reverse lol

• Moderators
13 hours ago, dassanono said:

I reached out to a turkish company because this part should be lightwork.

I think this is where you are going wrong. Body hair to scalp transplants are harder and require more skill than scalp to scalp hair transplants, so it's not easy work that you can simply go to any hair mill to get it done. Try going to someone who has been doing BHT for a while and has some results they can show you.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

BHT is not lightwork, it takes a highly skilled surgeon with a lot of experience. The Turkish place you called probably doesn’t know how to do BHT. Check out Eugenix, Bisanga for BHT.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I think this is where you are going wrong. Body hair to scalp transplants are harder and require more skill than scalp to scalp hair transplants, so it's not easy work that you can simply go to any hair mill to get it done. Try going to someone who has been doing BHT for a while and has some results they can show you.

Thank you 🙃🙃

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

BHT is not lightwork, it takes a highly skilled surgeon with a lot of experience. The Turkish place you called probably doesn’t know how to do BHT. Check out Eugenix, Bisanga for BHT.

Thanks man. Do you know if they work with curly hair?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, dassanono said:

Thanks man. Do you know if they work with curly hair?

Yes both have examples of curly haired patients.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 7:17 PM, dassanono said:

So ive been looking to get more density and wanting to add bht to my donor area also. I reached out to a turkish company because this part should be lightwork.they said ok. And when i got the consultation call they said they cant do a bht because itll cause my old transplanted hair to fall out?? Ive never read or heard anything about this. Does anyone have any advice or input? I cant keep extracting from my donor area. Ill end up bald in reverse lol

From my own experience, it seems true .  The doctor has ruined my scalp with it, it seems and i am trying to get out of the situation.  He never personally contacted me again.  Just had his agents respond to me when i reached out, but the responses were nothing productive.  Then i realized it was a mistake to even get in that chair