Does anybody have pictures of shaved donor sites years after transplant

Hi all,

I'm considering an FUE transplant In the future, but I’m worried that if I lose my hair down the line and need to shave my head anyway, it’ll be noticeable. I want to see what people’s shaved doner sites look like once they’ve healed. 

Thanks

Not sure how much this will be helpful, but I had a low skin fade 5 months after my FUE.123.thumb.jpg.f132e7781984fb83e59f4c220b26b843.jpg

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

5 hours ago, HairGuy90 said:

Hi all,

I'm considering an FUE transplant In the future, but I’m worried that if I lose my hair down the line and need to shave my head anyway, it’ll be noticeable. I want to see what people’s shaved doner sites look like once they’ve healed. 

Thanks

If you have chosen the surgeon that you will have the procedure with, then you want to ask them for some pics of their patients who are post-op and wear a short hair style.

With FUE, post-op scarring in large part will depend on the skill of the individual performing the extractions but also keep in mind the factor of the patient's own physiology as some individuals heal better than others..

Assuming you are a good healer, the size of the punches used and as mentioned skill level can make all the difference in post-op scarring.

In addition, it has been a growing trend for techs to make the extractions, not the doctor...this is why it's important to see as many examples as possible.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It also heavily depends on your donor density, and how much density you expect to be left over with after all of your procedures. For example, @Rolandas has a very thick donor, with up to 10,000 grafts in total IIRC. So after his first hair transplant of 3500 grafts, the donor is pretty much guaranteed to still look good when shaved down.

The other question is, when you say shave your head down, do you mean buzz cut or to the skin? If you go to the skin, I'm guessing you'll always see some scarring unless you heal exceptionally well.

Edited by giegnosiganoe
  • Like 1