New 7 Month update on my 1300 grafts!!!

damo

damo and Dr Fuzzy

Looks like weve found a bit of an Aussie forum contingent, excellent, hopefully more will discover this forum and learn what we have. Hope the Xmas period is all good for everyone out there in electronic HT land.

Merry Christmas

qvarnis

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Fellas,

I haven't posted here in a while as I guess I have moved on to bigger and better things in regards to repair work and what not...

But let me just state that after round one of reapir work with DHI from the terrible work I received from Barry White I still think it is wiser for anyone contemplating going to him to look else where...

Qvarnis, I sincerely hope your work turns out O.k so you don't have to go through the crap I went through but with that being said I know of way too many patients that have been messed up by Barry and crew so if I may express my opinion here Dr Fuzzy or any1 else in OZ look elsewhere...Go to Martinick, Wood's or Knudsen as I know from seeing these doct's that their work is superior to Barry's....

Parable, thanks for your advice I have spent sometime thinking about it.

My understanding is you are unhappy with your result from Barry White because

1) you ended up with a bad donor scar and

2) your hairline looked unnatural

It is a disappointment if your hairline turned out badly, unfortunately I can't make a informed decision as the photos of you I saw posted on this forum were of you with a shaved head.

I agree your scar did look terrible. I spoke to Dr Shiell who has had many years of experience with strip surgery at some length about scaring. He convinced me that about 5% of patients end up with a cosmetically poor scar. Thankfully most of them don't complain as it is at the back of their head! However Dr Shiells opinion is that the scar is largely operator independant and suture material independant. Unfortunatley a lot depends on the patients own ability to heal. Dr Shiell has excised and resown numerous bad scars, only to have another bad scar as an end result. Have you considered the possibility that you scar badly, and regardless of who stitched your head you would have a high probability of ending up with a bad scar?

Qvaris....I'd like to see some pics. I hope you post some soon for us.

Hi guys,

Yes, for sure some pics on the way very soon. Everything looking good, scar is only just visible and i think 2 mm wide at the most (quite happy with scar), hairline still coming on strong, always good.

Parable, good to see you back on the forum, mate would you believe I found this forum and your story only 2 days after my HT with Barry White, you can imagine how freaked I was. In the time between I have done much more research and comparison with other forum members so I am not stressed at all now, everything going very well. Not sure what happened the day of your HT but I agree that your scar should never have looked like that, Im glad you've got it sorted though mate, nice one.

I need to upgrade my mobile (cell phone) with one of those cameras very soon so some pics will be up as soon as that happens.

Cheers

qvarnis

damo,

How are you mate, Ive also heard that waiting 12 months is the go. Ive accepted that I was going back for more also, my 2184 grafts were all on the front half of my head and even though propecia is working wonders for me I know the back will eventually thin out. No stress though, HM is only around the corner (10 years or so) so no big deal, eventually donor hair will not be an issue... hows this, I bet by 2020 all you will have to do is take a pill from the chemist and no one will have to ever worry about hairloss. Anyway, getting off the topic, from what ive seen on the forum (s) most really good results come from multiple sessions. The goal for most of us is to get to the stage where you dont even think about it anymore.

I personally would wait a year for sure. Some say your only at 20 - 35% of results around 6 months and even if you were at 60% the next 40 is going to make a big difference.

Anyway its new year and were on the road to recovery in hair land so its all good.

cheers

qvarnis

Qvarnis, its good to have people like yourself on this forum that really can make other hair transplant patients feel alot better about themselves.My doctor told me to wait between 12-15 months to get full results so im excited about the next 6 months.Mine grew really quickly in the first 5months then it appeals to slow down alot.I hope there will be more hairs that will sprout through in the following months does that sound right to you?

Damien

Dr Fuzzy~ Good to know you're doing the research mate...The more you do the better!!

In regards to the strip scar you are right in that patient physiology plays a big part... However let me say that Dr. White doesn't tell patients this and that I know a couple of others that have wide linear scar's as well...

Also as for the hairline, Yeah the pictures of it were shaved down because it looks so terrible grown out...But I never told you that the hairline was so low too...Just alittle over 5cm from the top of my eyebrow which in my case was over 2cm to low...

But anyway moving on from that I just had the rest of the grafts removed via 'Hairline Clinic' on the weekend..So I am glad that this period of my life is now over..I'm full on looking forward to moving on now!!

I just hope you do the right thing budd and good luck in your selection of doct!!

Qvarnis~ Dude just two days later...You must of been in for a shocker aye!

I hope it turns out well for you but then again what can I say...

So anyone else out there just make sure you do your research man...As some doct's reallt don't have your best interests at heart...

~pEacE~

Damo,

You should be at about 7 months post-op now right? The work looks nice especially the hairline on the most recent 6 month pics. The front forelock also looks like it is blending in quite well.

I compared the pic of the frontal recipient area just after surgery to the last front view pic and I can definitely see the hairline and temporal lobe areas growing in from where the recipient sites were made.

It looks like the hairline over your left eye has some growth yet to come so don't worry, you still have some coming. Your frontal view looks great man!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thansk alot Gillenator for your nice comments.Im very happy with the results so far so im hoping there will be more growth as you say.My surgeon told me to wait between 12-15 months for the final result.

Hey i just posted it at 7 months if you want to have another look at my pictures.

Damo

The cost was about $10,000 for the operation actionradar but it was worth every cent my friend.

Damo, Looks great - I agree, to feel good you gotta look good~

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Thanks alot Hairhope for your kind words.Man its the best thing i have done to be honest with you.Im at 7 months now so i hope ive still got some improvemment to come through.

Damien

Well, I recently made it thru ~2000 FU graphs (Dec. 17th)...about an 8 hour surgery day. Overall, a pretty tough month but am very happy to have done it.

Been on MSM, Rogaine and Finast so I am hoping I get a kick start and have good growth by the summer! You got a ton more to go based on what I have seen on the net...Congrats

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE