Debating one last procedure.

I’m only 20 and I’ve previously had Fue at just 18 , I was really struggling with not hair loss but simply being born with a very far back widows peak. I want to have another procedure just to add some density to my hairline as I’m still a bit self conscious about my hairline and I think I may only need 200-300 grafts to fix this. 

I know people won’t recommend this because of my age , but I haven’t had a unnatural and stupidly low hairline put in place , I’ve had just a little bit added at the front of my hairline to shape my head a bit better. I’m just worrying if/when I do lose more hair I won’t have enough donor hair available too fix this , however I do have quite fix hair and my donor area looks pretty untouched from my previous procedure. I have had 2 so far as my first one failed , had may only 20% growth but my second procedure has gone really well and only used 600 grafts. 

Edited by anon707
Question Answered

Judging by your pics it looks like you are dealing with more than adjusting your natural hairline, your temple points, like on the right side below looks like there has been some significant thinning and receding. And along your top front further in from your widow's creep there's some thinning as well.

Like you said you are very young, but this looks like the beginning not the end or a last procedure - you should see a dermatologist or reputable hair transplant doctor -preferrably not the one you saw when you were 18, research doctors here. Have them do a scalp analysis to gauge how much hair miniaturization you've already had and discuss getting you on finasteride to help protect your existing hairs. The back of your hair from the pics, the donor and crown areas still look good, but you want to conserve and protect as much of that as possible for down the road.

image.png.3bd024a7c1c266331cd3ce6b49f90dc1.png

image.png.4cb60dba01231775d9937a968f497a00.png

Edited by ciaus

5 hours ago, ciaus said:

Judging by your pics it looks like you are dealing with more than adjusting your natural hairline, your temple points, like on the right side below looks like there has been some significant thinning and receding. And along your top front further in from your widow's creep there's some thinning as well.

Like you said you are very young, but this looks like the beginning not the end or a last procedure - you should see a dermatologist or reputable hair transplant doctor -preferrably not the one you saw when you were 18, research doctors here. Have them do a scalp analysis to gauge how much hair miniaturization you've already had and discuss getting you on finasteride to help protect your existing hairs. The back of your hair from the pics, the donor and crown areas still look good, but you want to conserve and protect as much of that as possible for down the road.

image.png.3bd024a7c1c266331cd3ce6b49f90dc1.png

image.png.4cb60dba01231775d9937a968f497a00.png

My temples have always been receded , I’ve had this hair since I was born and the arrows you’ve drawn are where I’ve had a previous transplant so that would be thinner. That’s why I got a transplant so young because imagine being born with an already receded hairline it’s hard to deal with lol. I don’t have many photos to show this but you can see in this one I’ve attached below that my hair was way back and I’m only 9-10 years old in this photo

Edited by anon707

1 hour ago, InterventionalPDoc said:

How many total grafts have you had so far between 2 procedures? 

You are very young and I will say what you probably don't want to hear: hold off and see your hair evolve over next 2-5 years 

I’ve had around 1200 grafts so far as the first 600 didn’t take very well , think because I smoked not long after surgery (yes I know I’m stupid) but I was planning on only have 300 more grafts just to add a little bit of density to my pre existing transplant area. Then in 4-5 years of have receded anymore I can have FUT