SMP or BHT in depleted FUE donor area?

Hi All,

I am 6 months out my 3rd FUE surgery. Almost 9500 grafts taken from back and sides of my head in last 7 years. Top of my head is now somewhat sorted. But now my donor area looks a bit patchy and depleted. I have seen some vdos and articles where SMP can be a solution for this but it is a temporary one. I want to ask can BHT used to fill in the depleted areas of scalp i.e back and sides. I don't want to make it like a virgin scalp but a little 'normal' looking. How successful would it be? and is there any growth issues in the scar tissue? Please suggest.

2 hours ago, nishchd said:

Hi All,

I am 6 months out my 3rd FUE surgery. Almost 9500 grafts taken from back and sides of my head in last 7 years. Top of my head is now somewhat sorted. But now my donor area looks a bit patchy and depleted. I have seen some vdos and articles where SMP can be a solution for this but it is a temporary one. I want to ask can BHT used to fill in the depleted areas of scalp i.e back and sides. I don't want to make it like a virgin scalp but a little 'normal' looking. How successful would it be? and is there any growth issues in the scar tissue? Please suggest.

Both are viable options. If you go for beard hair to be transplanted in the donor area, then it can be done. SMP is also a great idea. However, with SMP, maintainance is mandatory from time to time. Can you share some pictures of your donor?

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

8 hours ago, nishchd said:

Hi All,

Any pictures? Who was your doctor?

I've seen Dr. Lorenzo in Spain is doing quite a few jobs like this with BHT which to be honest looks very good. I would personally go for BHT instead of SMP due to maintenance like others said.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Please note that I haven't had a professional hair cut in last 6 months so I don't know how it would look if I cut the hair short, but it still look depleted.

@Gabreille Nelson Mukhia My concern was, will the growth and sustainability be same in the scar tissue if I go for BHT? and how many grafts would be needed to give it a normalized look.

@LonelyGraft Three different doctors in Chandigarh India.

Please note I am just 6 month out my 3rd surgery and crown is still growing ,it received around 2000 grafts as per doctor.

IMG20200723050356.jpg

IMG20200723050350.jpg