How does donor hair grow back?

Since Donor Hair is removed from it's original position on your head, that place is now barren - it does not regenerate.  This is why in the hands of a skilled artistic Hair Surgeon, the missing hair is unnoticeable.   In FUT, the scar should be extremely thin and in an area that will be covered by surrounding growth and in FUE they are spread out among the jungle of hair that surrounds it.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

3 hours ago, efbb88 said:

If those follicles are removed (on the back/side of head), how do they eventually grow back?

The hair taken from the donor area are permanently gone. That is why it is important to maintain donor aesthetics when harvesting the grafts.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

3 hours ago, ADuckwithNoHair said:

They don't 😞. Otherwise we'd have infinite donor and everyone could have thick NW 0 hairlines lol

I don't understand. So is that part of the head just hairless from then on? Whenever I see a transplant that area looks grown in.

28 minutes ago, efbb88 said:

I don't understand. So is that part of the head just hairless from then on? Whenever I see a transplant that area looks grown in.

Exactly. Depending on the procedure you get different kinds of scars.

FUT leaves a linear scar:

deTXBQg.png?1

FUE leaves small punch-like scars:

fuescars

If done by skilled surgeons, the areas where hair has been harvested are practically invisible. But they are there. The finite number of donor hairs that can be transplanted is why we must make cautious and intelligent use of every single one of them. Those are all you'll get for your entire life and once they're gone they're gone.

Edited by ADuckwithNoHair
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ADuckwithNoHair said:

Exactly. Depending on the procedure you get different kinds of scars.

FUT leaves a linear scar:

deTXBQg.png?1

FUE leaves small punch-like scars:

fuescars

If done by skilled surgeons, the areas where hair has been harvested are practically invisible. But they are there. The finite number of donor hairs that can be transplanted is why we must make cautious and intelligent use of every single one of them. Those are all you'll get for your entire life and once they're gone they're gone.

Thank you, that makes sense. On average, how long is the donor area from a FUE visible? I am assuming it depends person to person. 

ADuckWith NoHair, Your pictures totally cleared up the question for the young Padawan.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More