Hair thinning appearance Vs percentage of hair loss

Is 25 percent enough for getting coverage in the crown? 25 percent would probably be a see through even in normal light. Can someone post any article about hair loss looks like Vs percentage of hair loss?

• Moderators

Without seeing any photos I will just give general advice on crowns. It's OK to transplant a low density amount of hair into your crown, so that it's not bald, but don't try to thicken it up too much because if your crown loss widens a lot you will need to fill in the outer crown loss area enough to match the original loss area that you already covered and that can leave you completely out of donor without even getting any in the frontal half where you may need it later.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

10 hours ago, NAVI said:

Is 25 percent enough for getting coverage in the crown? 25 percent would probably be a see through even in normal light. Can someone post any article about hair loss looks like Vs percentage of hair loss?

The density in a crown while getting hair transplant is about 40 hair per sqcm. The mid scalp is approximately 30 hair per sqcm and the hairline is again 40 hair per sqcm. There is no thinning visible at this density.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

2 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

The density in a crown while getting hair transplant is about 40 hair per sqcm. The mid scalp is approximately 30 hair per sqcm and the hairline is again 40 hair per sqcm. There is no thinning visible at this density.

What is the approximate area in Norwood 6? Even it is 200 sq cm on the whole, the density you have stated will require 8000 grafts approx. But normally  the are is more than 200 cm I believe. I don't know how can euginix give such high density , math is just not there. One question more , what if a person has a diffuse thinning with 20 grafts /cm left on his head. Can 40 more be added to make it 60?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NAVI said:

What is the approximate area in Norwood 6? Even it is 200 sq cm on the whole, the density you have stated will require 8000 grafts approx. But normally  the are is more than 200 cm I believe. I don't know how can euginix give such high density , math is just not there.

They use a lot of beard hair grafts mixed in with head hair grafts. If you use 2000 to 3000 beard hair grafts then you can get much better coverage than if you only used head hair grafts.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.