Sixth Month Pics are up - Dr. Alexander

Hey guys! I've been counting the weeks and number 24 hit today. I just posted some pics. So far, so good. I feel like it looks a little better in real life than what the pics display.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey guys! I've been counting the weeks and number 24 hit today. I just posted some pics. So far, so good. I feel like it looks a little better in real life than what the pics display.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Well it appears to be growing, but i guess your case will take more time to see a dramatic cosmetic difference.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

It is getting there, your going to have to give this one a year or so - my bet is they will come in slowly but consistently and then thicken. Keep it short like you just did and it will look great and chicks will dig it icon_smile.gif.

Best of luck.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

TakingthePlunge,

Sometimes looking at photo examples of other patients who have large quantities of hair growing in even at 4 months can be discouraging when you're at 6 months and not seeing as much growth. However, while some patients are very early growers, some can be later bloomers. Honestly, I wouldn't even consider you a late bloomer yet since so much can change over the next couple of months.

All I can say is, take confidence in that you chose and excellent surgeon, hang in there and trust the process.

Keep us posted.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your comments. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. A but also know that there are many factors involved and there are no guarantees. We can only try to sway the odds in our favor by our choice of doctor and following post-op instructions, etc.

During my consult, Dr. Alexander had told me that I had excellent hair and scalp quality and that I could expect to see good things around six months so I was hoping for the best case scenario. I'm aware that the best anyone can probably tell me at this point is "wait" but I do appreciate the collective knowledge that our community has to offer and welcome any discussions and input.

Don't worry. I was way behind the curve at six months, and I'm now approaching a year, and I'm in much better shape. Slow growers are very underrepresented on the blogs, but we do exist. My transplant took off at around 7/2 - 8 months. I know how nerve racking it is, but hang in there.

yeah just hang in there ttp, dr alexander is one of the best, and remember that most ht's take over a year to mature.

The rogaine and fin are definitely helping, and I bet if you dyed your hair you would look even younger. With your hair characteristics, Im suprised dr. alexander didn't give you a bit lower hairline, but better safe than sorry.

keep us posted on your progress, knowing dr. alexander's reputation and seeing his results, you will be fine.

Thanks again for all the support and valuable feedback gentlemen! You've all managed to put my mind at ease.

hdude46

Funny thing about dying my hair. I DID dye it only about two weeks ago with a supposedly permanent color. Clairol I think. I've got a fair amount of experience with this stuff since I used to dye and bleach my hair a lot in the old days. I got pretty good coverage and it looked good for a few days and then faded quickly. I guess once I got the haircut it pretty much got rid of what was left. I was surprised when I took my pics that it didn't even look like I'd dyed it at all. Got a suggestion from Atticus for Robert Craig hair color and I'll give that a try when I get a chance. On Monday I'm heading out on the first leg of a trip that'll take me to NY, London and Barcelona so I won't have a chance to do much about it till I get back.

I really would have liked my hairline to be a little lower. I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with it as it is but I'm happy to let it mature and evaluate it after that. I asked Dr. A about it during my initial consultation but he would not entertain any thoughts of lowering it beyond his initial suggestion. He said that this is where it needed to be and I decided to go with his instincts.

Thanks guys!