UK Propecia stock issues

Hello, I have been using propecia 1mg for 19 years since I was 18. My hair is great with a good hair transplant from Hasson and Wong. Unfortunately Propecia has a manufacturing problem in the UK and when my stock supply runs out I may have to switch to the generic finasteride 1mg. I am looking at Dr Fox and Simple Online Pharmacy as their generic seems much cheaper than Superdrug or Boots. I noticed they give you whichever generic they have in stock so it could be the Accord manufacturer or the Milpharm or Releconchem. I understand they are UK licensed manufacturers but is it advisable to switch between manufacturers?

Where does everyone else in the UK buy their finasteride or Propecia?

I just got email from Pharmacy2u that they have Propecia back in stock so I ordered immediately 6 month supply :D

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

If you feel it's too expensive ask any HT doctor for a Proscar prescription and cut those into 4 or 5 pieces. This will be 4-5 times cheaper than propecia and still comes from the same manufacturer.

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 11:35 PM, Rolandas said:

If you feel it's too expensive ask any HT doctor for a Proscar prescription and cut those into 4 or 5 pieces. This will be 4-5 times cheaper than propecia and still comes from the same manufacturer.

Who do you ask though mate if you had your HT in Turkey? I’ve been to my doctors to try and get a prescription for 5mg proscar from pharmacy2u and he wouldn’t as he said it was cosmetic and he didn’t know enough about it. I’m based in Manchester UK , tried everything. Been on generic Finasteride for 6 months but getting sides so wanted to try proscar 1.25 every other day. I did find one online supplier but he wanted 95 quid for a pkt of 28!! 

47 minutes ago, Pauls said:

Who do you ask though mate if you had your HT in Turkey? I’ve been to my doctors to try and get a prescription for 5mg proscar from pharmacy2u and he wouldn’t as he said it was cosmetic and he didn’t know enough about it. I’m based in Manchester UK , tried everything. Been on generic Finasteride for 6 months but getting sides so wanted to try proscar 1.25 every other day. I did find one online supplier but he wanted 95 quid for a pkt of 28!! 

I Think Farjo institute is in Manchester. While I won't recommend them for HT, you can book appointment with the doctor and ask for prescription. I'm almost sure they would charge you for consultation, but at least you will have prescription for it.

Follow me on YouTube

27 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

I Think Farjo institute is in Manchester. While I won't recommend them for HT, you can book appointment with the doctor and ask for prescription. I'm almost sure they would charge you for consultation, but at least you will have prescription for it.

Haha. Cheers mate. I might just give that a try..... I went for a free consultation almost a year ago and got quoted almost 8k for 2500 graphs. I know they sell generic Finasteride at 40 quid a month as they tried to sell it to me. Dunno how it would work having just had a HT in the past few weeks and it’s pretty obvious too. 

Ah the days of buying overpriced Propecia, only had to do it for a few years before it went off patent, being worried about whether the active ingredient was evenly distributed throughout the tablet enough to do Proscar 5mg pill cutting. No excuses these days with the Finasteride 1mg generics, unless you have the money to burn.

Edited by ciaus