Canada Border Closed - US Clinics Reopening?

• Administrators

I don’t understand why they would extend the border closure. I mean, they can make mandatory quarantine for intentional travelers, but to close it point blank seems extreme.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

same...

Cooley, Gabel, or Shapiro is my list of US Surgeons. I wish Shapiro had more recent results and cannot comment on his recent work. Cooley looks fantastic but he is really booked up. Waiting on Gabel's response.

Edit: Gabel is booked up until December. Cooley is booked until Dec/January timeframe.

Edited by hybonix

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

I am in the same boat - Gabel is only three hours away from me and he was second on my list, but he quoted me for 3,500 grafts and Hasson said 4,500+. 

The main thing I am struggling with now is if I go somewhere else I’ll always wonder what Hasson could have done since he is so revered on this forum  - but would appreciate any advice on how MUCH of a difference there is between these surgeons and if Hasson is REALLY worth the wait.

Being able to heal up during the ugly duckling phase without anyone noticing during working from home, etc would be amazing. 

On 8/21/2020 at 8:35 AM, FuriousGeorge said:

I am in the same boat - Gabel is only three hours away from me and he was second on my list, but he quoted me for 3,500 grafts and Hasson said 4,500+. 

The main thing I am struggling with now is if I go somewhere else I’ll always wonder what Hasson could have done since he is so revered on this forum  - but would appreciate any advice on how MUCH of a difference there is between these surgeons and if Hasson is REALLY worth the wait.

Being able to heal up during the ugly duckling phase without anyone noticing during working from home, etc would be amazing. 

You should try Shapiro or Konior. Canada border will not re-open until early 2021 or March of next year until a formidable vaccine is released. Otherwise, we have to play the waiting game.

5 hours ago, hybonix said:

You should try Shapiro or Konior. Canada border will not re-open until early 2021 or March of next year until a formidable vaccine is released. Otherwise, we have to play the waiting game.

Thanks - I did consult with them about a month ago - they both quoted me 3,000 grafts, which I'm not sure will suffice based on being a Norwood 4V and both aren't available until the New Year last I checked. 

Wondering why H&W quote so much higher? Does anyone have insight into this?

Shapiro does not want to graft more than what is absolutely necessary for the future as your balding could progress. They want to reserve your donor hair for future procedures and ensure that you can add more if you absolutely need it. You may be super happy with 3000 and it look great so adding more is not necessary. Additionally, if you need to add more later, they can target the weaker areas instead of just filling in too densely in areas that may need that much coverage. It's about the illusion of density and if they can spread that across your head instead of concentrating in the frontal third, then they would rather do that.