Is Topical Spironolactone Worth Using As An Addition To The Big 3

Coady

I’m currently on the big 3 finasteride, regaine and Nizoral. I’m just wondering does anyone know if this product would add extra protection or be worthwhile adding to the mix ?
I know it will probably be no good on it’s own but as another method would it be useful.

seen it for sale on minoxidil max website

• Administrators

I know oral spiro works, but it's not designed for men. It's equivalent to Finasteride in terms of efficacy, but women with hair loss use it. There may be some feminization effects, and personally I would steer clear.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Topical spironolactone showed some promise in a small study done in the 80s on a small group of patients. Personally, if I was doing well on the big 3 I wouldn’t add it. If it’s a cream then it’s messy, a pain to apply, and reacts negatively with minoxidil so your hair literally starts smelling like skunk/weed (I’ve used it in the past).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...