Best hair styles for different types of hair loss?

Hey folks, I was wondering what are some good hair styles for the different types of hair loss that exist, including after hair transplants?

I feel like most people beginning this journey probably don't have the opportunity to experiment much and may be unaware of other hair styles that are better suited for them, including me.

Personally, I seem to be a diffuse thinner with focused loss near the temples/crown, and I decided to buzz my hair the other day (mostly due to COVID). To my surprise, it doesn't actually look that bad! The areas with focused loss don't seem to be as accentuated as I thought they'd be.

• Administrators

The sweet spot is about 3-4 inches in length, I found slicking my hair back makes the most 'illusion' of density, combing your hair forward does as well, but i'm not too keen on that style. Another great option is a side part, you can do somewhat of a combover, and really get great appearance of density. In my opinion, buzzing shows all of the weaknesses, if you are truly diffused, it will look absolutely horrible. Now, if you're in the beginning stages and still have a lot of hair, it may look alright, but it's only a matter of time until it looks really bad. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is a good question, and one I labored over.  At first I grew my hair too long and couldn't find any way to style it.  I finally went for a haircut, and realized I am pretty much locked into a medium length side part, and please don't call it a comb over - that has a different vision of a guy trying to comb his hair from ear level over the top of his head.  Comb overs are disgusting.  I can't comb my hair forward because it does not fall right, and I don't like the slicked back look.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

6 hours ago, Dazed said:

This is a good question, and one I labored over.  At first I grew my hair too long and couldn't find any way to style it.  I finally went for a haircut, and realized I am pretty much locked into a medium length side part, and please don't call it a comb over - that has a different vision of a guy trying to comb his hair from ear level over the top of his head.  Comb overs are disgusting.  I can't comb my hair forward because it does not fall right, and I don't like the slicked back look.

pic of current style?

4 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

pic of current style?

LOL, well I tried.  I just switched to an I Phone.  Smart phones in general are not my thing.  I use a PC.  There is nothing special about my hairstyle.  It is the haircut you would get from Fred the Barber if you just sat in his chair and said nothing.  The top is not slicked back, and I hate the shaved sides look.Some day I will learn how to use a smartphone.

• Haha 1

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More