Require suggestion for best for my situation

14 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

You're hair loss looks very similar to mine (you have more hair, but hair loss pattern is extremely alike), and since you mentioned Dr. Ferreira I would strongly advise to check out my progress so far (in my signature), so you know how it would look if you would go this route.

As Melvin said FUT + FUE is extremely good route if you don't mind linear scar and whatever comes along with it. There's certainly + & -.

Don't rush and do your research!

Thanks, I've got analysis from doctor Ferreira, he suggested a few things. One of which taking finasteride for at least 6 months or indefinitely, and re-evauating in 6 months. Have you had side effects using finasteride?

Edited by bodrul

He is suggesting to stay on Fin 6 months before having any HT to everyone :)

I didn't had any side effects. It could be due to me taking a different approach of taking it. I started by micro-dosing and slowly build up to 1mg/day. More info here 

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

6 hours ago, Rolandas said:

You're hair loss looks very similar to mine (you have more hair, but hair loss pattern is extremely alike), and since you mentioned Dr. Ferreira I would strongly advise to check out my progress so far (in my signature), so you know how i

On 3/19/2020 at 4:23 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Given this climate, and the fact that travel is out of the question, why wouldn't you look at some local surgeons? FUE is not scarless, you can easily hide an FUT scar with the length of your hair. Overall, it's cheaper and more efficient, and you get the most out of your donor supply. 

I’m curious, Melvin. 

if you could do it all over again, would you have started with FUT to boost your overall donor supply? 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, yesplease said:

I’m curious, Melvin. 

if you could do it all over again, would you have started with FUT to boost your overall donor supply? 

That's a great question, I think I should probably answer this in a YouTube video, because the question is very complex. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That's a great question, I think I should probably answer this in a YouTube video, because the question is very complex. 

Ha. I think it's a pretty straight forward question and I suspect you have a clear response in mind. That said, based upon some members' comments when this comes up, this is probably a good opportunity to educate the forum on this topic with a video. 

Since you are a high NW, starting with FUT would likely have been to your benefit as you age. That said, I know you also like to keep your sides and back short, so perhaps it was a tough call for you.