3rd Time with Dr. Konior

Tao

On 10/20/2021 at 5:59 PM, Tao said:

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't responded for awhile.  Busy busy these days.  Thanks for the kind words, all.  My HT journey was pretty mind blowing. I almost settled for a less expensive doctor who did not give me good advice and had I gone with him, I would surely have regretted it. Fortunately Dr. Konior was the closest recommended doctor to me and it turned out that he was also one of the best as his work became more widely known.  My first FUT session convinced me that HTs done by the right doctor were indeed legit and life changing.  After my second FUT, I hoped and assumed I was done but in the ensuing years, I lost more hair - in my crown and in my part.  I have never taken propecia nor have I used minoxidil (outside of the first month after each surgery) so its not too surprising that I lost some ground.  My last FUE surgery with Dr. Konior in March 2019, right as the pandemic was hitting, was perfectly timed.  I got it in and then got to work at home during those awful ugly duckling head shaved days.  Perfect. 

The third surgery really shored up my part (I can go running again without a hat as the wind blowing no longer shows a weak spot - I love that).  I was hoping that I would be able to permanently retire the hair fibers but my crown is still not perfect (is there such a thing with HTs?).  Without fibers, it does not look bald as it is covered with hair but it can look like I'm thinning there.  Kinda depends on my haircut (which I do myself mostly only semi-succesfully) and my growth cycle.  If I dab on a minimal amount of fibers, my hair looks perfect so that's pretty nice.  Sometimes I throw some on when I go out and sometimes I don't as I'm not really bothered by it much these days.  You kinda have to be above me to see that spot and that's not a view that most people get.  Also, I'm 54 and don't have to have perfect hair.  But it is very nice to look in the mirror and kinda like what's looking back atcha.  That said, I have several friends who shaved their head bald as they gave up on hair and man, they totally rock it.  It helps if your head shape isn't that of a lumpy potato, alas which mine is.  Anyway, here's some crappy current photos of where my hair stands now after 3 sessions.  The last two are where I started from for perspective.  Cheers to you all.  I hope all of you are doing well! 

Oct1.JPG

Oct 2.JPG

Oct 3.JPG

Oct 4.JPG

Oct 5.JPG

Oct 6.JPG

Start.jpg

Start2.jpg

This has been an amazing journey !

• Like 1

Hairloss history?  I lost most of my hair by the time I was 40.  Started losing it in my 20s although I didn't really notice it much because I couldn't see the top of my head  When I see pictures of that time now, it's quite obvious.  I tried Minoxidil for awhile but then gave up on it (not much efficacy for me although it probably slowed my loss.  Once off it, I lost hair faster).  I started looking into HTs, consulted with two kinda sketchy doctors before finding this site and finding out Dr. Konior was fairly close to me.  Dr. Konior recommended propecia but I was hesitant for a few reasons.  My primary reason was my now ex-wife had started taking hormones to help get pregnant and she totally flipped and became a different person.  That told me that messing with hormones shouldn't me taken lightly.  Also by the time I found ot about propecia, I was pretty far gone.  Knowing what I know now though and having seen some friends be on it for a long time without any issues, I might have done things differently.  But I have never taken it.  That likely led to my needing a third transplant as I lost some more hair on my upper sides.  Who knows though.  My goal, whether realistic or not, was to not have to mess with my hair everyday.  Outside of a little dash of fibers if I feel like it, that's where I am now.  No medicine or special shampoos or supplements or routines.  I don't need to look like a model.  I just didn't want to look ridiculous.

• Like 2