3rd Time with Dr. Konior

Tao

5 hours ago, Tao said:

Donor area totally recovered.  Konior is a magician.  He does most of the surgery himself and he’s a perfectionist.  Recovery was crazy fast and easy.  

Edited by Chances101

If you look at where I started and where I am now, it's a pretty crazy transformation.  When I go through old pics or video of myself from 15 years ago, it reminds me of really how much Dr. Konior did for me.  I was really bald and would be completely so today had I done nothing.  I was lucky to find him when he wasn't quite as known as he is now (he was one of the closest docs to me who was recommended on this forum).  I almost got suckered in by docs who would have really messed me up so it really does pay to do your research, take your time, and make a good decision.  I paid way more than I ever thought I would or could but I did it over 12 years and made a few sacrifices along the way.  I don't regret a thing.  I do feel extremely fortunate though because HTs are definitely a luxury.  I also am happy in that I never took propecia or used minixidil outside of the four months after each surgery (to encourage early growth).  Those choices are not the right ones for everyone for many valid reasons but they have been for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tao said:

If you look at where I started and where I am now, it's a pretty crazy transformation.  When I go through old pics or video of myself from 15 years ago, it reminds me of really how much Dr. Konior did for me.  I was really bald and would be completely so today had I done nothing.  I was lucky to find him when he wasn't quite as known as he is now (he was one of the closest docs to me who was recommended on this forum).  I almost got suckered in by docs who would have really messed me up so it really does pay to do your research, take your time, and make a good decision.  I paid way more than I ever thought I would or could but I did it over 12 years and made a few sacrifices along the way.  I don't regret a thing.  I do feel extremely fortunate though because HTs are definitely a luxury.  I also am happy in that I never took propecia or used minixidil outside of the four months after each surgery (to encourage early growth).  Those choices are not the right ones for everyone for many valid reasons but they have been for me.

Right now I'm deciding between diep and hw but I do hear about konior a lot and know he does the whole surgery 

Edited by Der3k7

3 hours ago, Maximillian said:

Three times?// why are you still so thin? I would be upset 

Hahaha, then you my friend should NEVER get a HT.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

14 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

Not if that’s the result after 3 ht.

Maximillian, you seem to be having a hard time understanding here.  The pics you chose were 1 month after having my head shaved for my third surgery.  That shouldn't be too  difficult to grasp.  Here's where I am four months out with the real growth just starting.  Do you have any questions?

3rd pass_4.5mos.JPG

Just now, Maximillian said:

Ok so after 2 ht and a 3rd 1 month old. 
bald to balding 

lotta money.  For that result. And if that dr is the best then ht has a long way to go

You need to do some research, starting off with supply and demand.

Before he was bald he probably had 50,000+ hairs that were lost.  1 large hair transplant might provide 7500 hairs in one sitting, the second 5,000 and a 3rd, lets say 2,500.  That's 15,000 hairs trying to replace over 3 times as many...

..So they have to be strategically placed and styled to give the best cosmetic effect.  Thin areas have to be accepted as you cannot recreate good coverage everywhere.

..and hair transplants take at least 12 months to grow as hair is shocked out about 2 weeks after surgery.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 6/18/2020 at 12:00 PM, Tao said:

Ok, this is probably overdue.  Been more busier than I thought I would be.  The attached pics are my situation before my last surgery with Dr. Konoir in March 2020.  Approximately 1,600 FUE to address crown and shore up my part areas.  Two pics I took the day before surgery and two pics from day of surgery in Dr. Konior's office.

Pre-3rd Surgery_March 2020_2.JPG

Pre-3rd Surgery_March 2020.JPG

Pre-3rd_Konior'sOffice.JPG

Pre-3rd_Konior'sOffice_2.JPG

So after 2 ht your hair still looks like this? This is not something I would call a full head of hair? So you paid 25 k or more to go from bald to balding? Point is, if this is the result, ht are a long way off from being worth it 

Your being way to harsh here, nobody is getting their original hair back thats not possible.

As we all come to understand it’s is mostly a “Illusion of hair” all of us have various results depending on how severe our loss and who we choose.

Please don’t try and make the OP feel bad though, hes headed for a even better result than he has already in a few months time.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tao said:

Maximillian, you seem to be having a hard time understanding here.  The pics you chose were 1 month after having my head shaved for my third surgery.  That shouldn't be too  difficult to grasp.  Here's where I am four months out with the real growth just starting.  Do you have any questions?

3rd pass_4.5mos.JPG

Don’t feed the trolls, he’s going around talking crap to members who have the courage to share with our community, people like that are not welcome in our community.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking good mate! More or less have complete coverage at 4.5 months with more density to come anyone who understands the limitations of a ht would consider that a success. 

Yeah, thanks!  Its all good.  Maxmillian is either a troll or just completely clueless.  I have essentially a full head of hair and the illusion of good density.  Of course, I don't have my original density.  That wouldn't be possible.  Still have months of growth ahead but if it all stopped right now, I'm extremely happy, especially considering where I started many years back.

Edited by Tao

• Administrators
Just now, Tao said:

Yeah, thanks!  Its all good.  Maxmillian is either a troll or just completely clueless.  I have essentially a full head of hair and the illusion of good density.  Of course, I don't have my original density.  That wouldn't be possible.  Still have months of growth ahead but if it all stopped right now, I'm extremely happy, especially considering where I started mny years back.

I believe he was playing clueless to get a rise out of people. You have an excellent head of hair, and without the HTs, you’d probably be a full blown Norwood 5 by now. Thanks for sharing, I do appreciate it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.