3rd Time with Dr. Konior

Tao

On 7/21/2020 at 9:32 PM, Tao said:

Coming along well!  I'm at 4.5 months out now and I'm already really pleased.  I can go out in the wind now and have my hair blow around and its just fine.  That's fun.  I assume I still have a fair amount of growth coming ahead so that's more fun.  Here are some 4 month shots (first two) and shots from today - 4.5 months out (last two):

4 months out - 3rd pass.JPG

4 months out - 3rd pass_3.JPG

3rd pass_4.5mos.JPG

3rd pass_4.5mos_2.JPG

Incredible. You must be thrilled. Will echo Melvin here. Your back is shredded. Goals all around! 😎

Thanks Fluffhead (great name!).  Yeah, I'm really happy with the way its all turned out.  I think I'm done now.  Funny about my back.  I never really noticed it.  I mostly run and bike but push some weights too so they apparently are doing something.  Hope yer good!

Amazing results, Tao. And for what it's worth, the comments from Max (and particularly how you all handled responding to him) provided a great learning opportunity for anyone new to hair transplants who stumbles across this post. 

Perfection and 100% density is never the goal. It's not reasonable or achievable. The most important thing anyone needs to do before moving forward with a hair transplant is to get super clear about what is possible for them and working with the surgeon to make sure their expectations are reasonable. If not, they'll end up unsatisfied no matter what happens. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Yes, exactly.  I think Melvin does a great job on this site informing people of what realistic goals and expectations are when it comes to HT.  And that's important as HTs are a heavy investment of time, money and mental energy.  People like Max don't bother me as I don't post here to get affirmation. I got my HTs for myself and so that's all I'm concerned about.  But I think its really helpful to post honest experiences and results so others can see and learn about the various possible outcomes - both positive and maybe not so positive.  I feel fortunate that my experiences were all positive and I wish the same for all here.  Thanks for your feedback, pkipling.  Cheers!

Edited by Tao
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is just incredible. So happy for you buddy. Constantly Dr Konior myself for the next procedure 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im really impressed with your procedure and progress, thank you for sharing! 

I was particularly inspired by your decision not to use propecia, as its always mentioned in relation to a procedure. Im fearful of using it, but feel some comfort seeing how well you look without having ventured down that road.

• 10 months later...

Amazing results !! And I'm also talking about the 10 years span btw the procedures and the high survival rate of the grafts...

You indeed must have spent a huge amount of money on it but many the price of feeling good and proud of your hair has just no price 😉

• Administrators

@Tao how are things looking now?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/21/2020 at 7:32 AM, Tao said:

Coming along well!  I'm at 4.5 months out now and I'm already really pleased.  I can go out in the wind now and have my hair blow around and its just fine.  That's fun.  I assume I still have a fair amount of growth coming ahead so that's more fun.  Here are some 4 month shots (first two) and shots from today - 4.5 months out (last two):

4 months out - 3rd pass.JPG

4 months out - 3rd pass_3.JPG

3rd pass_4.5mos.JPG

3rd pass_4.5mos_2.JPG

Great results. Glad to see that your HT journey has worked out well for you. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your current age? 

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 3:19 PM, Tao said:

Maximillian, you seem to be having a hard time understanding here.  The pics you chose were 1 month after having my head shaved for my third surgery.  That shouldn't be too  difficult to grasp.  Here's where I am four months out with the real growth just starting.  Do you have any questions?

3rd pass_4.5mos.JPG

Just wanted to personally thank you, Tao. I'd seen your blog and your hair pre-transplant. I'm a bit younger than you, but am nearing your level of hair loss. Your pictures convinced me to reach out to Konior in the first place, so it's great to see this amazing result and I often look at this and other great Dr. K results when I start to panic about my level of hair loss. But your case remains the best I've seen.

I'm certain I'll need 2 to 3 transplants and I'd initially been booked to do an FUE but wondering now if I should do FUT first...I'd absolutely kill to have a result that's even 50% as great as yours! 

Hope life has been great with the hair. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't responded for awhile.  Busy busy these days.  Thanks for the kind words, all.  My HT journey was pretty mind blowing. I almost settled for a less expensive doctor who did not give me good advice and had I gone with him, I would surely have regretted it. Fortunately Dr. Konior was the closest recommended doctor to me and it turned out that he was also one of the best as his work became more widely known.  My first FUT session convinced me that HTs done by the right doctor were indeed legit and life changing.  After my second FUT, I hoped and assumed I was done but in the ensuing years, I lost more hair - in my crown and in my part.  I have never taken propecia nor have I used minoxidil (outside of the first month after each surgery) so its not too surprising that I lost some ground.  My last FUE surgery with Dr. Konior in March 2019, right as the pandemic was hitting, was perfectly timed.  I got it in and then got to work at home during those awful ugly duckling head shaved days.  Perfect. 

The third surgery really shored up my part (I can go running again without a hat as the wind blowing no longer shows a weak spot - I love that).  I was hoping that I would be able to permanently retire the hair fibers but my crown is still not perfect (is there such a thing with HTs?).  Without fibers, it does not look bald as it is covered with hair but it can look like I'm thinning there.  Kinda depends on my haircut (which I do myself mostly only semi-succesfully) and my growth cycle.  If I dab on a minimal amount of fibers, my hair looks perfect so that's pretty nice.  Sometimes I throw some on when I go out and sometimes I don't as I'm not really bothered by it much these days.  You kinda have to be above me to see that spot and that's not a view that most people get.  Also, I'm 54 and don't have to have perfect hair.  But it is very nice to look in the mirror and kinda like what's looking back atcha.  That said, I have several friends who shaved their head bald as they gave up on hair and man, they totally rock it.  It helps if your head shape isn't that of a lumpy potato, alas which mine is.  Anyway, here's some crappy current photos of where my hair stands now after 3 sessions.  The last two are where I started from for perspective.  Cheers to you all.  I hope all of you are doing well! 

Oct1.JPG

Oct 2.JPG

Oct 3.JPG

Oct 4.JPG

Oct 5.JPG

Oct 6.JPG

Start.jpg

Start2.jpg

Edited by Tao
  • Like 6

• Administrators

DAMN this is an incredible result

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I'm pretty damn happy, Marvin.  And I'm looking forward to following your story.  Good luck with your next surgery!  Also thanks for doing a great job with this site. Its an excellent resource for so many.

Edited by Tao
  • Like 1

Looking great!  @Tao The HT journey does feel like 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps back at times don't it...

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

11 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Looking great!  @Tao The HT journey does feel like 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps back at times don't it...

Thanks aaron.  And yes, the HT journey can be unpredictable.  I never thought I'd end up with 3 procedures when I started.  But here I am.  And if truth be told, hair greed makes me think about a 4th to add more to the black hole that is my crown.  Not a neccessity but...

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 2:12 PM, Z-- said:

Just wanted to personally thank you, Tao. I'd seen your blog and your hair pre-transplant. I'm a bit younger than you, but am nearing your level of hair loss. Your pictures convinced me to reach out to Konior in the first place, so it's great to see this amazing result and I often look at this and other great Dr. K results when I start to panic about my level of hair loss. But your case remains the best I've seen.

I'm certain I'll need 2 to 3 transplants and I'd initially been booked to do an FUE but wondering now if I should do FUT first...I'd absolutely kill to have a result that's even 50% as great as yours! 

Hope life has been great with the hair. 

Cheers.

Z, thanks again.  You can't go wrong with Konior as he's a meticulous artist.  Not inexpensive but he definitely delivers.  My FUT scar from 2 surgeries from Konior is almost impossible to locate unless my head is totally shaved and even then its not real apparent.  If you have my level of loss, you should definitely consider FUT first to maximize the use of your grafts.  Keep us posted about your journey and best to you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Thanks for the update - looking great! 

If you did opt for a 4th session, do you have any idea of how many remaining grafts you have to play with?  

I really don't have any idea but I'm thinking if I did do one more surgery, I'd need less than a 1000 grafts.  Maybe like 700?  I think I have than many left via FUE.  No plans right now though.  I'm good for now .

Edited by Tao
  • Like 1

• Administrators

What a journey C795E0BC-FB0C-4032-875B-E73E4C06BBE8.jpeg

• Like 2

View my thread