Reconsidering an HT, who is 'best' now?

ready4Hair

I was going to go with Asmed a few years back, he said I'd have 'homerun' but last year sent in basically same pics he said I'm not a good candidate?  Started reading threads here and seems perhaps his quality has slipped and possibly a lot? Or is that just my wrong take away from a couple of bad results?

My other choice at the time was Dr. Vories here in the US.

Cost aside, who would be the very best to look for. Probably 3V but I get good illusion of density with what I have.

First goal would be lower hairline, fill in the temples, and temple restoration on the sides, good density, natural soft hairline.

After that would be vertex/midscalp to support that.

Assuming probably 5K grafts.

Who are the rock-stars these days?

Asmed still a possibility?

Is Dr. Vories as good as he looks?

Any new HT Docs in town (or out of it) who have excellent, consistent and natural results?

@ready4Hair currently the rock stars are Dr. Juan Couto in Madrid that is booked solid until 2024 and Dr. Raymond Konior in Chicago with a 2 year wait list and crazy expensive.
Konior colleague at his Chicago clinic - Dr. Nadimi - is also great and charges a lower price 6US/graft.
Then you have the rising star Dr. Bruno Ferreira that works with Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid and has his own clinic in Porto (2.5€/graft).

Hasson&Wong is still achieving amazing results but they do have techs do part of the surgery (amazing techs but still techs).

For mega sessions Eugenix is considered the best choice and Dr. Arika charges 1.8€/graft but it’s not a Doctor only surgery. They are getting amazing results with high norwood patients in just 1 surgery (using beard grafts to add density  like Pekiner and HLC). 

Stay clear from ASMED and any Turkish doctor or clinic other than HLC (2.7€/graft) and Pekiner (2.25€/graft). 

I tend to always recommend Doctors that do the whole surgery themselves implanting using stick&place or DHI technique and operating on just 1 patient day. 

Wish you all the best!

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply.

In looking further it seems Dr.Rahal, who was the first ever HT Doc I looked into is doing FUE. I actually had FUT scheduled with him several years back but cancelled due to fears about FUT/Scarring.

I love most of the Hasson FUEs I've seen, astonishing hairlines.

Rahal seems to be doing some amazing FUE harilines too. Do you know if he does 2 Day 'Mega Sessions;' (2500 per day)?

@ready4Hair you should check Rahal’s latest FUE results as you will find they are not great and some members are actually complaining. 
Why would you want to do 2500 grafts in 1 day when its Doctors like Keser that limits surgeries to 600 grafts that get the highest graft survival rate...

If you chose a Doctor that does the whole surgery with DHI or stick&place then you can count on him implanting a max 2000 grafts in one day if he extracts with motorized FUE and 1500 grafts if he’s doing manual FUE
If it’s a Doctor doing pre-made slits/holes with several techs implanting the grafts then he can do more than 4000 grafts in one day (not something I recommend!)

I had 3 days of surgery to implant 3895 grafts and the recovery was so much better than my first HT of just one day with FUT

• Administrators

Dr. Vories is a great choice, and affordable in the US. That said, Dr. Hasson has had some Home runs for FUE. I think you should really consider Bisanga, I’d stay away from most Turkish surgeons, I’ve seen some unethical practices. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HI Melvin, thanks. Yeah other than Asmed which had a golden period a few years back I would never consider Turkey.

Dr. Vories is a nice choice as he does the work himself and has some nice results. Then again I don't see much volume to choose from (which I guess is one downside of doing it yourself).

Dr. Rahal seems likewise to have astonishing FUE results.

Since cost will be no consideration I think, this leaves Dr. Rahal and Dr. Hasson. As far as I can tell they are around same price ($8 first 2000, $6 for the next) and I'd have no idea how to choose between them. Again they both have a plethora of really mind blowing hairlines. It might come down to a face to face with each to see who I'm more comfortable with and who has the most confidence they can deliver results. Since I'm hoping for 4k-5k grafts it is not a small decision :)

@Portugal25 thanks for the reply. Are you not happy with your Dr. Rahal work? I am not sure which poor Rahal results you refer to. Everything I've seen so far has been nothing less than astonishing. Then again, same can be said for Dr. Hasson. Not so blown away by Dr. Bisanga really, hairline-wise at least. I'll likely plan a trip to Canada and see both Drs. in person.

I did do a Skype consult with Dr. Vories once, I have seen 3 or 4 really nice results from him and do like that he does it himself. OTOH if a clinic has well-trained technicians trained under the Dr. and following his technique preicseely this seems like a viable approach. If Dr. V had more results to look at I liked I'd likely go with him, especially since 5K grafts will be 1/3 or more less. 

Do you have any poor Dr. R results you can point to?

• Administrators

Face to face consultation are great, I’d also ask to meet some FUE patients in real life. See the work up close, best of luck on your decision.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks again Melvin. Also looking now into Eugenix. Again assuming price will be no consideration just hearing good things about them. And even their' "Premium Package' (which includes Nitrous Oxide which is great as I did wisdom teeth with that and don't remember a thing) would be under $3 per graft. So 5K would run $15k vs $30k+ for Rahal or Hasson. Would need to research a little more deeply re their hairlines. And yes, meeting a patient would be great. Only thing in my favor really is I get illusion of coverage with thinning hair as it is.