Whats the average hair density ht doctors provide presently?

I rad somewhere that 50 grafts/cm2  is the average hair density ht doctors provide to patients. Dont know if thats accurate tho. But say I'm wrong, what is the average hair density that ht doctors will provide?

I think 50 grafts per cm2 is an accurate number for individuals with average hair characteristics.

If however the hair has a thinner degree of caliber, the surgeon will probably discuss going a little more higher....if the hair is more coarse, he may suggest going lower.

Other considerations such as wave characteristics, color contrast, etc. all have a bearing on the visual end result. 

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Moderators

The size of the area to be covered is going to make a difference. If you're a NW 6 you're not going to get 50 grafts per cm in the crown.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:27 PM, gillenator said:

I think 50 grafts per cm2 is an accurate number for individuals with average hair characteristics.

If however the hair has a thinner degree of caliber, the surgeon will probably discuss going a little more higher....if the hair is more coarse, he may suggest going lower.

Other considerations such as wave characteristics, color contrast, etc. all have a bearing on the visual end result. 

@gillenator
In my case, they "rebuilt the hairline"
They calculated 41cmx50 (2050 FU)
Anyway, as you can see, I had hairs on about 50% of the recipient area.
What does it mean?
a) the doc put more FU where I'm bald so, my hairline, is more than 50/cm2
b) the doc put 50FU everywhere
c) the doc cheated on me

Edited by duchaine

On 2/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, follically challenged said:

Obviously those hairs hairs closer to the receding part are likely to fall as well, so i guess he has replaced those with more DHT resistant grafts to help the transplant seem natural for a longer period of time

they were really healthy, thanks to all the treatment I did ...
anyway, I hope they increased density not replacing my hairs...

Edited by duchaine

On 1/31/2020 at 4:27 PM, gillenator said:

oh so i was right! Thanks. Now whats the average hair density per cm2 naturally?