My HT by Melike Transmed Turkey

Danny m,

You say you nearly ended up doing with Transmed, What stopped you from making the decision to go with them?

And, how far would you be travelling from? I mean if you are not too far then its worth a consult first, what do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a month and I've got another pic I'll upload in a couple of days. Things seem to be progressing. I swear some of the hairs around the edge are starting to grow already... But it could just be where they shaved it a bit??

Either way I'm taking MSM twice a day and using my laser comb every other day to try and speed up healing time.

HM

My bad experience whit transmed isatnbul . I am 12 months post op after receiving 1400 grafts .And just 30 % of grafts progress.

When I have shaved my hair and i'm been very astounded

when i have see my donor area !!!!

They use a big punch !!! minimu 1,4 mm !!! they said , they use a 0,75 mm punch .

they don't reply my e.mail . they are not seriuse clinic.

i payed 3800 euros for this result.

avant.jpg.6441972a81c355000832425a2856a500.jpg

Hi Woody,

I am guessing you FUE by the sounds of things? I have heard that in general that a FUE has a substanially less yield than an FUT, witht he main benefit being the lack of an "obvious" scar.

I had a look at your youtube link, and could see why you wer'nt happy, they arent good results, and especially if they aren't even getting back to you!!

It has certainly given me more to think about, however i would definitely be using the FUT method if i have mine done!

Thankyou very much for the feedback though!

Hunky:

Do you have any other pics to go up yet? keen to see your progress!!

Dan

Got another picture up, sorry for the delay.

Woddy,

A bit worrying to see your post. I almost went for FUE, but did FUT instead... I'm glad that they have offered you free flight, consult, etc.

Fingers crossed my results will be better.

I do remember Dr Melike saying to me that it's common for people to come back for a second procedure. And that they can't guarantee complete growth and I might have some patches, etc. She told me all this before I paid and had my op... I got the impression all of the HT surgeons say this sort of thing?? Looking at forum member blogs many of them had 2 or 3 procesures... People please correct me if I'm wrong.

Did you follow the after care lotion, etc? Are there any other factors that you think might have effected it? Drinking, Steroids, etc, the usual... It would be nice to know if you think there is so I can avoid it :S

HM

HunkeyMonkey,

No surgeon can "guarantee" complete hair growth. Though the best surgeons including Dr. Kulahci are highly consistent, there are variables and risks that come along with hair transplant surgery that are sometimes not within a physician's control.

What separates the sub-standard clinics from the elite, are overall consistency in results and how the occasional less than optimal result and patient concerns are handled as they arrive. I really do feel for Woody as I hate to see any patient not get the head of hair they wanted. However, in my opinion, Transmed has been very accomodating of Woody and should be commended for it. I'm sure Woody and Transmed will post more about the case after Transmed has had a chance to evaluate the result.

I hope this helps.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I've added a new pic. I'm definately getting early regrowth. Seems some of the transplanted hair didn't shed and just started growing!! Should I be worried? I thought this wouldn't happen until after 3 months?

Once side has more growth than the other, should that be a concern? The side showing more growth had scabs for longer... Is that good or bad? I like the early growth, just worried it isn't even each side...

HM

Hi Hunky,

Growth looks great already! Hopefully you wont have any delayed shedding and it will jus continue to grow. Unfortunately i lack enough of experience of post-growth results to give you my advice on this, but im sure its nothing to worry about, and the results will continue to get better and better! icon_smile.gif

Good work with the updating as well, has settled me a little before my HT on the 5th October!!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hunky,

Looking forward to seeing another pic up if you wouldnt mind icon_smile.gif I have my op on Monday, am a little nervous now, although looking forward to seeing Istanbul as well!

How long were you noticably red after the op? I go back to work a week after the op, and would rather people couldnt see it!

Did they advise you on how long you shouldnt go to the gym / do weights / drink alcohol for after the procedure?

Cheers

Hi Danny,

The pic is up. I didn't see much of Istanbul. It was very busy. They told me not to do sit ups for 2 months and general weights for a month. My scalp was red for more than 1 week, so it might be worth trying to get another off. Although to be honest, no one has really noticed or commented on it icon_smile.gif

Although yesterday a friend said do you have more hair? To which I replied "Yeah, it looks like the propecia is actually working!" icon_smile.gif

HM

Hey,

Just thought i'd update you all, maybe i can be member 4 of the "transmed group" now. I have had my HT done, and will be uploading some more pics as it progresses.

Hunky, your early re-growth looks great!! Got my fingers crossed for similar! Any tips on the first week after? I am very worried about the follicules falling out, and keep checking every half an hour in the mirror, to make sure they are still implanted and not easing themseleves out (bad i know!) would be good to know what you did?

I am more than happy to provide anyone with any information about my experiences, and have just wrote a longish piece on my experience, but please feel free to contact me if you have questions..

Dan

I've now got some new hairs starting to come through in the places where I didn't have early regrowth. I hope this keeps up as it's looking like I'm going to have great results! I went out last night and felt way more confident already icon_smile.gif

Danny, don't sweat it, just take it steady and I'm sure your transplants wont fall out

HM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HunkyMonkey,

Nice hairline and amazing transformation! Just think, you've probably got quite a bit more to look forward to.

Thanks for sharing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website