EMAN's 6-Month Update: The Vaunted 6-Month Mark!!

Eman

Eman,

outstanding result. I think we all on this forum appreciate the fact that you are so helpful in sharing and documenting your results

Thank you.....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also agree Eman's result is one of the best/fastest out there. It is also one of the best documented. That being said, if a patient is following Eman's progress and is not getting the same result, don't be too disappointed as everybody is different. Growth just vary. Just be happy for him since he gave so much for this forum.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Originally posted by latinlotus:

I also agree Eman's result is one of the best/fastest out there. It is also one of the best documented. That being said, if a patient is following Eman's progress and is not getting the same result, don't be too disappointed as everybody is different. Growth just vary. Just be happy for him since he gave so much for this forum.

i second that especially the last sentence.

and Eman that exposed hairline looks thick and sweeeeeet!

Eman,

Your results look fantastic. I am getting more and more anxious about going in and taking the plunge as well. Thanks a lot for being so informative about the process and for documenting with such good pictures. we dont often see enough patients with light hair.

You still have lots of growth coming i believe...cant complain about your result, that is for sure.

I must say, most of the really nice results I am seeing these days are from very agressive 4000+ graft procedures on patients who would typically be recommened at 3000. I was recommended to get 3000. Now I am thinking I should just bump this up to 3500-4000 for good measure; especially since I want to be a one and done guy. I do not want to have to go back for a second or third HT. Maybe a second if the crown really takes a turn for the worse but I am hoping to be one and done.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

superb!!!icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

EMAN-- this is a very nice result man... i think that you having light colored hair playes a pretty big factor in the overall look what do you think? (forgive me if you have already discussed this)

the lack of contrast between hair and scalp, mixed with a GREAT game plan and execution by your doc, mixed with meds, mixed with a proper styling allows you to have a drastically improved look.. im quite happy for you man.

at this point, my only question would be... Do you feel your current styling options are limited as a result of the side that is a bit more thin? and do you/dr. Rahal expect this side to thicken enough in the coming months to allow you more styling options?

thanks, and congrats

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Guys, thanks for all the continued comments. I am glad I can help and give you guys all my transparent pics and honest feelings and comments about my journey thus far.

Having blonde (although darker right now) and the contrast with my scalp has helped in terms of looking denser-even though I feel it gets denser each month. The temples are still darker and stand out a little and I am hoping that that changes. I added pics on that thread and discussion: http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/198104202

Like I have said and others have commented, I do need to figure out some sort of styling soon. It is still not manageable and as Dr. Rahal told me, the hair is like an awkward teenager. In time, the hair will mature (just as the teenager sometimes does) enough to be able to style it--right now it is a little stubborn. In the meantime, I just shaved it down a little and will wait for more maturing before I go get a professional stylist (which I haven't done since college) to make my hair look better. Again once the hair becomes manageable I will do all sorts of funky styles!

When I spoke with Dr. Rahal, he assured me there is still more thickening to come. I don't think the right side will limit me in terms of styling, but we shall see. Just having the coverage I have now brings a smile to my face. I think pictures are sometimes a lot harsher than reality, as a young girl I know said she thought I was balding and when I showed her my head she said "You are not balding at all!!" That re-affirmed that I do have a full head of hair.

Like LL said, everyone grows differently and should just take my progress as just one example of a growth timeline. Some are fast growers and others are not.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Looking awesome -- definite improvement from the past month, and in addition to continue thickening all-over through maturation, you'll be getting some more growth, too!

I think the next ~1.5months or so is really going to transform you further and let you style it carte blanche. You aren't bald now and you will never have to be bald -- congrats, it will only get better! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Eman, there's something I have noticed in a few grown-out transplant pictures (or that are still growing-out), which is also present in yours. In the 2nd overhead picture you've posted, your hairs all seem to be angled to the right side of your head. Did you brush or comb your hair to sit in that direction? Or is this just the direction that your transplanted hairs naturally grow in? For example, with your transplanted hairs at this length, could you brush them to the left side in a similar manner, or even brush them straight forward? Or would they "spring" back to the right if you tried?

The reason I'm wondering is because you mentioned that your hair is difficult to manage/style at this stage. Do you think it will be more manageable once it has fully grown out - meaning that when it's longer, you could brush it to the left, right, or even have it parted straight down the middle and it would sit like that all day?

I've often wondered how much control the techs have over orientation of the grafts they're implanting, and the future direction hair will grow in. Many transplanted hairlines I see these days seem to be designed for the messy "spiked" effect. Yours is one of the few hairlines that seems to be growing angled downward at the fringe hairs (bangs). This downward style is also the kind of hairline I'll be aiming for with Dr. Rahal. So, any insight you can give would be great! Thanks!

Mane- My "new" hair naturally grows down and after applying rogaine foam I would comb it to the right, similar to how I combed it when I was younger. I have not tried to comb it to the left, but have tried combing it back and it wants to fall forward or spring forward. Through Dr. Rahal's artistry and I assume following the direction of the little hair that I had left in my forelock, he replicated that direction thus giving me the ability to have bangs as I did when I was younger.

From everything I have read and speaking with Dr. Rahal, the hair will become more manageable in the months to come and will be able to style it any way I want to...which will be fun!!

And I agree with you that many HT results look as though the only way to style it is slicked back or spiked. From the looks of mine, I should be able to comb it forward to the left or right, messy, or even spiked.

If you speak with Dr. Rahal about what you are looking for, he will work with you.

My initial HT thread:

Thanks for the detailed reply! Very helpful. My hair characteristics seem somewhat similar to yours, so I'm most intrigued to see how things continue to progress for you in the coming months.

Again, you've achieved a top result and I hope that this is indicative of the kind of results I too can achieve with Dr. Rahal. Fingers crossed!

congratulations eman!!!

i have recently joined this forum (i mean log in)

but i follow your progress from the beginning.

if someone deserves a good h.t result that is definetely you

e-man,

considering your presence in this forum.

enjoy your hair eman.

sorry for my english..

jbkg

Awesome result at 6 months!! I haven't been on the forums and just jumped on to check out Bill results after I found out he had a 4th HT. Your hair characterisitcs play it out perfect for you and by 8-9 months youll be able to style it anyway you want to. Try American Crew Pomade, just put a small dash in your palm and spread it out over hands and then rub on the damp hair to style it anyway you want. Play around with different amounts of pomade and give some spiking glue a try too. Those two products works best for me. I NEVER added styling products to my hair before I had my HT, and my wife's best friend works at a salon and she gave me a few products to try.

Drop me a PM if you have any questions! Dr. Rahal is the best and im glad it all worked out for you.

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Eman, that is a very nice improvement.

The way you style your hair compliments your HT nicely.

Would it be possible to post some pics with your hair combed up. I think this way we could see the more clear density of the HT.

Great to hear from you Hairfree, we have missed you here!! I will have to check out those hair products you mentioned once this hair becomes a little more manageable. I will hit you up by PM to catch up!!

Thanks Mint! I am soooo happy with my results and looking for more thickening in the near future.

Bandido, I will try to comb my hair straight back once it gets a little longer as I shaved down to a #2 two weeks back. And, the hair is still not mangaeble, but as soon as it is I will try some fun styles.

My initial HT thread:

Acro- the scar is not noticeable. The way the hair grows out of the scar has a little different direction than the regular donor area, so it looks a tad off. I have some pics attached in this thread if you page down there are two of the back of my dome. http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/198104202

You cannnot see anything on the sides, but there is a slight directional thing going on in the back and it doesn't show in pics. If anything someone would think maybe I had been wearing a hat. I usually shave my own head, but the gf wanted to give it a whirl and used a #2 all over and faded the bottom (from side to side including the back) with a #1 which could be part of the problem because she didn't fade it very well.

Long winded. No, you cannot see the scar. But I think I like the hair longer at this point so no more shave downs for a while. I want to start to have fun with the styling in a couple of months.

But, no you cannot see the scar.

My initial HT thread:

• 2 weeks later...

cant wait!

lets hope the fun facts include:

-now having to spend more money on shampoo and spend more time blowdrying

-no more looking at yourself in the mirror at certain angles to 'minimize' the hairloss.

-you no long have to were a hat, unless you are playing baseball...

-you now no longer feel the need to wear one of those hideous biking helmets, because it used to cover up the thin spots

and many more!