Hair not growing in cowlick area - after HT

Hello my dudes,

I had a HT in June, this year with Dr. Keser. I had 2000 grafts for lowering my hairline and my temporal points. I like the HT overall but I have a BIG cowlick in front of my head and as you can see in that area hair did not grow as i would like to grow.. very poor density as you can see from my pictures. Do you guys have any idea why this happen, it is because of the cowlick? It's really awkward and I'm confused. I still have 6 months left but I think I reached the peak, I doubt any hair will grow from now on.. :(. I asked also dr. Keser assistant and then he asked dr. Keser and he replied: 'You should wait for 1 year result and then we can talk'. What you guys think?

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

• Moderators

When you have a cowlick it is going to look thin in that area especially if you keep your hair short as you have it. This is because the hair is growing in different directions and is being spread apart. I don't think it looks bad at all. Wait a few more months because it will improve a bit if you are only at 6 months now. Also let it grow a bit longer.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

These photos are terrible. You seem to have angled the hairs in all different directions which makes it hard to know what is going on. A distinction between native hairs and transplanted 6 months in is very typical.

Especially when keeping the hair this short all flaws will show. Imo if you want it to look good you should grow it out until 10 months at least, at that point you’d be in a better position to keep it ultra short.

if you want an accurate observation, brush the hair in the manner it naturally flows and take photos from straight angles that aren’t wide angle closeups. You want a natural representation of what someone around you would be looking at.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 5:05 PM, JayLDD said:

These photos are terrible. You seem to have angled the hairs in all different directions which makes it hard to know what is going on. A distinction between native hairs and transplanted 6 months in is very typical.

Especially when keeping the hair this short all flaws will show. Imo if you want it to look good you should grow it out until 10 months at least, at that point you’d be in a better position to keep it ultra short.

if you want an accurate observation, brush the hair in the manner it naturally flows and take photos from straight angles that aren’t wide angle closeups. You want a natural representation of what someone around you would be looking at.

i suspect that is his natural hair pattern, a cowlick means just that!