2 Questions About PRP

1) Is it possible some doctors are better at it than others?

2) I recently received a quote for $3500 for 4 sessions and nutrafol (don't know what nutrafol is yet). That seems excessive, is it? I live in New York so maybe that's playing a hand here?

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

There may be something to that.....

But there are a few factors that also play into the equation.....What equipment are they using, how much blood are they drawing?

Off hand, if the recommendation is 4 sessions, it is likely they're doing about a syringe size which is not very much.  Call them and find out how many cc's they do in a treatment. How long in between each treatment?

Realize this process is new to many practitioners.  Many end up giving up due to lack of results.  And, unfortunately, there has not been a convention of doctors yet, in which "trade secrets" are shared.  I know of only 3 offices throughout the Country getting amazing results.  

Something else to keep in mind...After the 4, (and say it works), you'll have to continue treatments down the road otherwise you'll lose the effect.  Ask how long they anticipate the effect will last for and how often you'll have to return to do more.

@LaserCap always a wealth of knowledge and an excellent contributor to this forum. 

How much blood would be needed to be drawing for a very good result for a patient ? Any risks or any other info you could share.  Im having PRP with my HT soon , any thoughts ? 

Thanks @LaserCap

..............Paddy..........

7 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

@LaserCap always a wealth of knowledge and an excellent contributor to this forum. 

How much blood would be needed to be drawing for a very good result for a patient ? Any risks or any other info you could share.  Im having PRP with my HT soon , any thoughts ? 

Thanks @LaserCap

..............Paddy..........

30-60 ml range in distill to 4--8 times platelet concentration but you need to look at clinical studies that have been done.

14 hours ago, Shifty said:

1) Is it possible some doctors are better at it than others?

2) I recently received a quote for $3500 for 4 sessions and nutrafol (don't know what nutrafol is yet). That seems excessive, is it? I live in New York so maybe that's playing a hand here?

$3,500 for 4 prp sessions?  Are they injecting gold as well?? 😉 I hope you didn’t go to Pursad to get that ripoff quote...as I’ve read that’s around what his clinic charges...

Just my honest opinion, prp is over-priced snake oil quackery that requires expensive upkeep with limited results if any at all, same goes to the heavily marketed Nutrafol “miracle” hair supplements, you could get some good quality supplements for cheaper and honestly I’ve seen some good rapid growth from Now brand MSM and Biotin daily supplement I take that costs around $5 a month compared to Nutrafol $90 ripoff price. 

Edited by CosmoKramer

7 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

$3,500 for 4 prp sessions?  Are they injecting gold as well?? 😉 I hope you didn’t go to Pursad to get that ripoff quote...as I’ve read that’s around what his clinic charges...

Just my honest opinion, prp is over-priced snake oil quackery that requires expensive upkeep with limited results if any at all, same goes to the heavily marketed Nutrafol “miracle” hair supplements, you could get some good quality supplements for cheaper and honestly I’ve seen some good rapid growth from Now brand MSM and Biotin daily supplement I take that costs around $5 a month compared to Nutrafol $90 ripoff price. 

I take plenty of supplements! lol I was curious because I heard $1500 for PRP. I am willing to try it out and document it. Proof is in the pudding. The place i got quoted from is literally 2 buildings away from my own office. Too bad they are banging me over the head,. 

8 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I take plenty of supplements! lol I was curious because I heard $1500 for PRP. I am willing to try it out and document it. Proof is in the pudding. The place i got quoted from is literally 2 buildings away from my own office. Too bad they are banging me over the head,. 

$1500? Something is not right.  Is that for one treatment or multiple?  Keep in mind a binding matrix is also needed.  The time of the doctor and the staff is worth more than that.  Perhaps they're having a sale. I can only guess it is a few sessions, syringe size...with no results.  Ask them for photos of results.

16 hours ago, Shifty said:

I also take plenty of supps but I’m very skeptical of PRP due to lack of visibly consistent results, if you have the cash to pay $3,500 for 4 sessions and want to give it a try and chronicle it, then do you, but I’d hold on to the cash and put it towards an HT with a great doc, if I’m being honest.

9 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I also take plenty of supps but I’m very skeptical of PRP due to lack of visibly consistent results, if you have the cash to pay $3,500 for 4 sessions and want to give it a try and chronicle it, then do you, but I’d hold on to the cash and put it towards an HT with a great doc, if I’m being honest.

I kind of agree but obviously what Ive bee doing is trying to avoid surgery. I mean if it works Ill be a poster boy. 

• Like 1