Smile Hair Clinic in Istanbul? (Dr. Mehmet Erdogan and Gokay Bilgin)

I know some people feel a certain way about low-cost clinics, but this one in Istanbul seems pretty legit.  My barber knows people who went to Istanbul for inexpensive transplants and they had great results.  They told me I will need about 3,000 grafts and offered me a package that includes hotel stay for 1735 euros/$1916 USD.  The patient coordinator has been great in his email communication with me, answering all questions in a timely manner.  I've read mainly positive reviews, and I've seen some people on YouTube who went there as well.  After I emailed them my required photos, this was their response:

Hi Antony,

Thank you for the pictures. I showed them to the doctors and he informed me that the density on your donor area is in average condition.
You have recesssion on temples and small gaps on midscalp and the crown. 

We estimate we can extract around 3000 follicles from your donor area. For estimated graft number we will create a new hairline and fill 
with high density follicular units and from mid scalp to crown area according to remaining grafts we try to increase overall density.

Best regards,

The doctors are Dr. Mehmet Erdogan and  Gokay Bilgin.  I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this clinic or doctors, that maybe I didn't come across in my research.  I'll post their website, instagram and some YouTube videos as well below.  Any input would be appreciated, as I'd like to go sometime in January!

• Administrators

Haven't heard anything about them, not every low-cost clinic is bad, but there are a lot of black market FUE clinics that are popping up especially in Turkey. If your main concern is cost, my advice to you, save money and start researching once you have enough funds. Never let money be your deciding factor. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, MPBsucks4545 said:

More often than not alarm bells ring when I have of cheap hair transplants in turkey.  Regardless of where a doctor is based I would suggest researching based on a doctor name and looking at results online such as on here.  I recently tested the water by sending off for an online quote with a firm in Turkey to see what the advised. I told them I have had 4,600 grafts by FUE already. They did not ask for my age, family hairloss, whether I was on meds or anything like that. They did not ask what my goals were and simply said they could provide me with 3,000 FUE and it would need to be booked by the 30 September for £1,500. I asked who the doctor would be and they said I would be allocated a doctor on the day.  This type of surgery in Turkey IMO should be avoided.

Wow that is shocking. This is the type of thing I want anyone who visits this community to AVOID AT ALL COSTS. By chance do you still have the quote? It would be awesome if you could post it on here so everyone can see. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Interesting question as 2 of my friends used smile against my advice and to be fair the have both a good results. I would say out of any of the cheap clinics these do good results from what I've seen especially in person, was very surprised 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 10/17/2019 at 5:32 PM, MarshallUK said:

Interesting question as 2 of my friends used smile against my advice and to be fair the have both a good results. I would say out of any of the cheap clinics these do good results from what I've seen especially in person, was very surprised 

Do you know which surgeons they both used please