Which Turkish clinic for hair transplant

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking on the forums for a while and finally decided to create an account. I am planning on having a hair transplant in the future and need some help in choosing which clinic and country the transplant should take place in. I started losing my hair when I was 18, and initially I was only using minoxidil. By the time I was 21, I had my first hair transplant. I will admit, I kind of rushed into surgery without doing much research, which was kind of a mistake on my part. I also choose one of the best clinics in North America (rather not name which one) and was confident I would get good results. At the time, I was a norwood 4 and the plan for the surgery was to get around 4000 grafts, via FUT. Unfortunately, the doctor was only able to obtain about 3200 grafts, and with a large area to cover, the density was going to be about 35 grafts/cm^2. I was not taking propecia as I should have done, and continued to lose hair, however a year after my transplant, I noticed that the density was extremely low and I suspected the yield was about 50%, maybe higher. As most good clinics offer a free touch up, I had the option of a touch-up procedure, which I ended up declining, mainly because I was not happy with the results from the first procedure. I have mainly just wore a hat to cover my head, however if/when needed I was able to use concealers. Over the past two years, I have started looking into hair transplants once again and have had a couple of consultations.. So far I have consulted with H&W in Vancouver, which is close to where I live, as well as Dr Demirsoy, Dr Erdogan, Dr Yaman, Dr Cinik, Dr Civas,Dr Ozgur at the HLC and Dr Pekiner in Turkey. Since the consultation was done via a skype call, Dr Wong was unsure how many grafts could be obtained, as it would depend on the laxity of my scalp. As an estimate, it could be from 2000-3000 grafts, which I felt would not be enough, especially since I would have to undergo another FUT procedure. I started looking into Turkey and have so far gotten estimates from Dr Erdogan (5000 grafts), Dr Yaman(4000), Dr Ozgur(3000) and Dr Cinik(4000+). So far I am unsure which clinic to choose from the four, although I have made a list of pros and cons for each. 

Dr Erdogan

Pros

- Great results on the forums

-High number of grafts will be used

-Quick in response to questions

-Will be able to cover most area

Cons

-Have seen some less than impressive results in the past few months on the forums. Since it is my second transplant procedure, I need it to pretty much be perfect since there is a low likelihood I will have donor hair left for a touch up or repair procedure in the future.

-Highest cost; Just as a side note, the cost is not much of an issue for me, however I did spend close to $16,000 on the first procedure and achieved subpar results. While I am willing to pay more, if for some reason the second procedure fails I will be out almost $32,000 with not much to show for it.

Dr Yaman

-Able to use beard hair in case donor hair is not enough

-Best online consultation; Drew on picture how the grafts will be distributed, which was a nice touch and send pictures of cases similar to mine, without me asking.

-Have seen some amazing results on the forums

-Cost is reasonable for the quality of work

Cons

-Appearance of a thin crown after procedure, unlikely to be able to provide too much density 

-Price seems to good to be true, which is more of a pro than a con, but still has me a bit worried

Dr Cinik

Pros

-Ability to utilize body hair in case donor hair is not enough

-Cheap packages

Cons

-Some reviews have me worried, due to poor results on this and other forums

-Once again, price seems to good to be true

Dr Ozgur at HLC

Pros

-Best use of body hair out of all three that offer it

-Seen some great results, however there isn't many on the forums thus hard to judge

-Doctor in charge of the majority of the surgery

Cons

-Disagreement between doctor and myself on where grafts should be placed. They want to focus on the temple and hairline, whereas I feel due to my pattern of hair loss, the grafts would be better used on the midscalp and crown region, instead of rebuilding the temples. I was told this is something that can be sorted out, however this discussion would have to take place during the pre-surgery consultation, where the distribution of grafts would be decided.

-Least amount of coverage. Other doctors think I have enough hair in donor region for 4000+ grafts, but the HLC does not think this is the case. Could be a pro, since they are making sure not to overharvest the donor area, however it would require at least two procedures, a year apart

So far, I am leaning towards Dr Erdogan, however I do keep changing my mind, which is why I am unsure about who I should chose. If anyone could give their pros and cons, or if anyone has had surgery with any of the doctors I mentioned above, please let me know! 

6 hours ago, JJ1187 said:

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking on the forums for a while and finally decided to create an account. I am planning on having a hair transplant in the future and need some help in choosing which clinic and country the transplant should take place in. I started losing my hair when I was 18, and initially I was only using minoxidil. By the time I was 21, I had my first hair transplant. I will admit, I kind of rushed into surgery without doing much research, which was kind of a mistake on my part. I also choose one of the best clinics in North America (rather not name which one) and was confident I would get good results. At the time, I was a norwood 4 and the plan for the surgery was to get around 4000 grafts, via FUT. Unfortunately, the doctor was only able to obtain about 3200 grafts, and with a large area to cover, the density was going to be about 35 grafts/cm^2. I was not taking propecia as I should have done, and continued to lose hair, however a year after my transplant, I noticed that the density was extremely low and I suspected the yield was about 50%, maybe higher. As most good clinics offer a free touch up, I had the option of a touch-up procedure, which I ended up declining, mainly because I was not happy with the results from the first procedure. I have mainly just wore a hat to cover my head, however if/when needed I was able to use concealers. Over the past two years, I have started looking into hair transplants once again and have had a couple of consultations.. So far I have consulted with H&W in Vancouver, which is close to where I live, as well as Dr Demirsoy, Dr Erdogan, Dr Yaman, Dr Cinik, Dr Civas,Dr Ozgur at the HLC and Dr Pekiner in Turkey. Since the consultation was done via a skype call, Dr Wong was unsure how many grafts could be obtained, as it would depend on the laxity of my scalp. As an estimate, it could be from 2000-3000 grafts, which I felt would not be enough, especially since I would have to undergo another FUT procedure. I started looking into Turkey and have so far gotten estimates from Dr Erdogan (5000 grafts), Dr Yaman(4000), Dr Ozgur(3000) and Dr Cinik(4000+). So far I am unsure which clinic to choose from the four, although I have made a list of pros and cons for each. 

Dr Erdogan

Pros

- Great results on the forums

-High number of grafts will be used

-Quick in response to questions

-Will be able to cover most area

Cons

-Have seen some less than impressive results in the past few months on the forums. Since it is my second transplant procedure, I need it to pretty much be perfect since there is a low likelihood I will have donor hair left for a touch up or repair procedure in the future.

-Highest cost; Just as a side note, the cost is not much of an issue for me, however I did spend close to $16,000 on the first procedure and achieved subpar results. While I am willing to pay more, if for some reason the second procedure fails I will be out almost $32,000 with not much to show for it.

Dr Yaman

-Able to use beard hair in case donor hair is not enough

-Best online consultation; Drew on picture how the grafts will be distributed, which was a nice touch and send pictures of cases similar to mine, without me asking.

-Have seen some amazing results on the forums

-Cost is reasonable for the quality of work

Cons

-Appearance of a thin crown after procedure, unlikely to be able to provide too much density 

-Price seems to good to be true, which is more of a pro than a con, but still has me a bit worried

Dr Cinik

Pros

-Ability to utilize body hair in case donor hair is not enough

-Cheap packages

Cons

-Some reviews have me worried, due to poor results on this and other forums

-Once again, price seems to good to be true

Dr Ozgur at HLC

Pros

-Best use of body hair out of all three that offer it

-Seen some great results, however there isn't many on the forums thus hard to judge

-Doctor in charge of the majority of the surgery

Cons

-Disagreement between doctor and myself on where grafts should be placed. They want to focus on the temple and hairline, whereas I feel due to my pattern of hair loss, the grafts would be better used on the midscalp and crown region, instead of rebuilding the temples. I was told this is something that can be sorted out, however this discussion would have to take place during the pre-surgery consultation, where the distribution of grafts would be decided.

-Least amount of coverage. Other doctors think I have enough hair in donor region for 4000+ grafts, but the HLC does not think this is the case. Could be a pro, since they are making sure not to overharvest the donor area, however it would require at least two procedures, a year apart

So far, I am leaning towards Dr Erdogan, however I do keep changing my mind, which is why I am unsure about who I should chose. If anyone could give their pros and cons, or if anyone has had surgery with any of the doctors I mentioned above, please let me know! 

I’d consider mostly HLC they are very ethical u can tell by just telling you to use the least grafts than all the other clinics