The bizzare reason of my legs hair loss ?!

axor

Hello, so over the years I noticed something absolutely bizzare.

When I was 14 years old my legs were so full of hair that the skin was barely visible, like a monkey.

Now at 28 if I don't shave, the hairs are extremely thin and the skin is very very visible.

What happened to my legs hair and why ?! any theory ?

Look like a monkey...turned into a chicken......Probably started all the way down first and went up from there.....I am dealing with the same issue.  I'll be turning 60 in December.  I may be all out of feathers by then.  I think it's called AGING. We must be related.  I recall playing baseball at 14 - a kid came to me and said I had more hair than his grandpa.....

2 hours ago, axor said:

Aging ? I am 26

Go to the dermatologist and see what they tell you.  I don't think this requires a biopsy but perhaps they can shed some light into this. Alopecia Areata or a self immune system could be in play.....visit with a doctor.

• Administrators

Do you take finasteride? I have heard that finasteride can affect body hair. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, axor said:

No, but I read that many males who are balding lost their leg hari for some reason. Maybe it s related

I wish, my leg hair grows like a wear wolf. As soon as I started losing hair on my head, I started growing hair everywhere else.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

The same thing happened to me. I started losing my lower leg hair about the same time I started losing hair on my head. Do you take propecia/finisteride? My leg hair loss seemed to really speed up during the years that I was taking that. Since I stopped taking finisteride my stomach and back hair has increased and I think I've gained a small amount of hair back on my legs too.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:27 AM, axor said:

Hello, so over the years I noticed something absolutely bizzare.

When I was 14 years old my legs were so full of hair that the skin was barely visible, like a monkey.

Now at 28 if I don't shave, the hairs are extremely thin and the skin is very very visible.

What happened to my legs hair and why ?! any theory ?

Could be a circulatory issue. I had a fried with the same problem.