Second Pass - previously transplanted hair shock loss

Had 2nd pass surgery on area previously transplanted to add density.. Previously transplanted hairs were shaved down and new hair planted beside them. 1 month post op - all newly transplanted hairs have fallen out. The old transplants continued to grow and are now about an inch.

However one area of about the size of a penny has seemed to have lost BOTH the new & old transplants through shock loss.

Is this normal/OK???  For some reason I kind of thought the previously transplanted hairs might be immune to shock loss given they are DHT resistant and 'strong'

Regardless, shock loss is induced by trauma to the scalp...the toughest thing is waiting it out to see how much of the shocked hair eventually grows back.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Let's hope there was no transection of the neighboring hair.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY