Recommended doctors for BHT?

Hello everyone

I have to get 3rd ht done and as per consultations with many doctors (Dr Koray, Dr Lorenzo etc) I was informed that I would require a BHT as My donor area is not sufficient for good results.

What are some doctors you would recommend specifically for BHT and FUE (I have around 1000-1500 donor in scalp as well) Thanks in advance.

I think there’s quite a few docs that use beard hair for bht and it’s considered pretty reliable in terms of yield. But If you consider chest and leg hair....that’s when you’re entering more unknown territory. 

Does asmed do bht? I’ve never seen a case.

recently a bisanga patient posted a decent bht case that ventured out from beard hair.

1 minute ago, jj51702 said:

I think there’s quite a few docs that use beard hair for bht and it’s considered pretty reliable in terms of yield. But If you consider chest and leg hair....that’s when you’re entering more unknown territory. 

Does asmed do bht? I’ve never seen a case.

recently a bisanga patient posted a decent bht case that ventured out from beard hair.

You are corrrect. I had sent details to asmed when I thought that I had enough donor area (only 3000-3500 grafts were taken before that) but they informed Me that donor area is not sufficient and they dont do bht. Same with Dr Lorenzo.

I guess beard and scalp hair might work this time but I would maybe need hair from other areas in the future.

• Administrators

Dr. Umar, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Mohebi. There are quite a few.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

49 minutes ago, eyesonyouuuu said:

You are corrrect. I had sent details to asmed when I thought that I had enough donor area (only 3000-3500 grafts were taken before that) but they informed Me that donor area is not sufficient and they dont do bht. Same with Dr Lorenzo.

I guess beard and scalp hair might work this time but I would maybe need hair from other areas in the future.

Can you share pictures of your case? Who was your previous surgeon? Is there any particular reason why you have limited grafts after your first surgery?

3 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Can you share pictures of your case? Who was your previous surgeon? Is there any particular reason why you have limited grafts after your first surgery?

HI please check My previous topic. It has all the details. As per Dr Lorenzo and asmed I have miniturisation in the donor area as well. I assume the less donor supply maybe because of poor extraction done earlier.