Do I need a Third pass?2700+1800

Please share some pics so we can provide some feedback for you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have already had 2 passes in the front. But to be honest it was spread out to about mid scalp. Does this look good for two passes? I hardly had anything in the front.

268FD85D-9A22-4658-A563-0A1E1EF21B6F.jpeg

Yes, I think it looks good and maybe one more pass of say 2000 would make a huge difference...you could also use fibers to really produce a full coverage visual look IMHO.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Do you think any risk of damaging the existing?  Also I forgot to mention that’s 2700 spread out to mid scalp then a second pass of 1800 spread the same. So not sure exactly what made it to the actual front. Would you say with my hair type this is good? The pic below is basically my starting point. That’s a few weeks after my first. It’s been about 4 year since then I might have lost some more front. It’s hard to say.

695E3405-C48B-4528-8F07-B8D139E79019.jpeg

Edited by Guy73

2 hours ago, Guy73 said:

Do you think any risk of damaging the existing?  Also I forgot to mention that’s 2700 spread out to mid scalp then a second pass of 1800 spread the same. So not sure exactly what made it to the actual front. Would you say with my hair type this is good? The pic below is basically my starting point. That’s a few weeks after my first. It’s been about 4 year since then I might have lost some more front. It’s hard to say.

695E3405-C48B-4528-8F07-B8D139E79019.jpeg

Who was your doctor? Fut or fue?

In the old days, when I first came into the industry the global idea involved leaving a separation in between grafts.  The concern was mainly grafts competing for blood supply. Thus, a patient would do a procedure and 4-12 months later he would return to fill in the gaps.  To have a full set of hair, 3 procedures of about the same number of grafts was required.  So, each procedure would do about 30% density.  Further, a front would take 1200 grafts, the top, (middle area), would take 1200 grafts, and the back area  would take 1200 grafts.  Thus, if we were to apply this same concept to you.... a case of about 2400 grafts would give you that third procedure, and - by definition - fuller density....but....

You seem to have a very conservative hairline.  So 2000-2200 grafts?  Like I've told patients in the past, do as many grafts as you can afford - based on whatever the recommendation of the doctor is.

Something to keep in mind is elasticity.  I realize you've done FUE...But a couple of things to consider.  FUT is in play given you keep your hair on the lengthier side.  You've had no FUT before so your elasticity should be intact.  Typically the cost is less and you can always put FUE grafts on the scar in the future.

I would at least, so you can discuss all your options, talk to the doctor and see what he says and recommends.

Are you doing any medical therapy to help you retain the native stuff?  Remember, if you've lost - you will continue losing.  A shame to have to return multiple times to replace what you just lost.

What you said makes complete sense!!!! That’s exactly how my doctor thinks. I just thought after 2 passes I would achieve my goal. I do have fine hair which does not help but on the other hand light hair and skin does help my donor area not looking to bad. I was kinda worried about taking another 2000 grafts out not sure what I would have left after that but hopefully it will be enough that even if I lose more I will have enough transplant to be content. 

I been taking some msm supplement biotin and every now and then silica. 
I have been using rogaine and laser  igrow for about 4 years. I do use some natural oils like peppermint everyday. This seems to have halted most of my hairloss. Because prior to that I was losing quite a bit!So I understand and probably agree with the conservative approach hair transplant as you described. I have to say there’s a lot of doctors that do dense packing and it turns out pretty thick the first go. But maybe it’s a greater risk that could yield a greater reward🤔

Edited by Guy73