What Is The Success Rate of a Hair Transplant?

• Administrators

This question has come up recently on the forum. In my opinion, the best surgeons can get around 90% success rate, but some have said that surgeons are getting 99% success. I really doubt that. What do you guys think?

What is The Success Rate of a Hair Transplant?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I used to think the top surgeons were batting a 99% success rate. But after interacting with patients on this forum and browsing through stories I think the realistic success rate is 80-90% for top surgeons.

lots of very suspicious behavior going on in the background too which was eye opening. An example are the NDAs. Hair transplantation...the most shit industry in the world 

So much to talk about, let me figure this out....

There is the old school doctor....for lack of a better description.  This type has been around for a long time...Some are masters at their craft.  Some have been classified as pioneers but their technique stinks.  It stank back then and it still does.  Then you have the up and coming doctors that are truly talented and some that just have no common sense. But...

Let's talk about the top surgeons.  I truly think they are trying to help, and FEEL for the patient.  I'll give them 100% but it is not them alone...you also have the clinical staff.  Think about it.  The Doctor is in charge of the surgical part of the procedure...clinical staff is in charge of the rest.  If anything goes wrong, it is the Doctor that gets blamed.

Nothing is ever 100.  I'd give it an 85+  Can some be 90% I guess but infrequently.  We are all human after all...even doctors.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

So much to talk about, let me figure this out....

There is the old school doctor....for lack of a better description.  This type has been around for a long time...Some are masters at their craft.  Some have been classified as pioneers but their technique stinks.  It stank back then and it still does.  Then you have the up and coming doctors that are truly talented and some that just have no common sense. But...

Let's talk about the top surgeons.  I truly think they are trying to help, and FEEL for the patient.  I'll give them 100% but it is not them alone...you also have the clinical staff.  Think about it.  The Doctor is in charge of the surgical part of the procedure...clinical staff is in charge of the rest.  If anything goes wrong, it is the Doctor that gets blamed.

Nothing is ever 100.  I'd give it an 85+  Can some be 90% I guess but infrequently.  We are all human after all...even doctors.

True statement. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, well so is success. There was a guy on here recently who had a killer result, but he’s not happy. So even if the surgeon does 100% the patient still might not be happy. 

Managing expectations isn’t spoken about enough and I’m going to make it my mission to educate the masses. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

True statement. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, well so is success. There was a guy on here recently who had a killer result, but he’s not happy. So even if the surgeon does 100% the patient still might not be happy. 

Managing expectations isn’t spoken about enough and I’m going to make it my mission to educate the masses. 

Thanks for bringing this up.  Managing expectations in huge for both the patient AND the Doctor.  Both may be adamant about a certain course of action. Hopefully the Doctor is an expert and is guiding the patient properly.  Scary if you think about it.

"Managing expectations isn’t spoken about enough and I’m going to make it my mission to educate the masses. "

Melvin, I appreciate that you admit to using fibers even after your HT. I've tried Toppick on my crown and it's amazing stuff for sure, but I have so little hair overall that I don't bother with it anymore.  If I get a HT, I'll be prepared to use it again.