Booked with Dr. Feller June 2010 !!!

PD

After years and years of research, personally meeting with Dr. Beehner, Dr. Rose, Dr. Leonard, Bosley, MHR.. and phone consults with Dr. Ron Shapiro, Dr. Wang, finally decided Dr. Feller is my man!

Now, that is not to say others are not great - most of the doctors recommended on this web site are very good. I just happen to like Dr. Feller based on natural, excellent work he has been doing.

2400 approx. is what I am going to get, although my loss can easily take upto 4000, I was not looking for any work on crown. I just didnt think I needed to max out. IMHO, an optimal # of grafts HT could go a long way.. just my opinion!

Just wanted to share... :-)

_h.thumb.jpg.f2121c27e2f8ba99c313e6850c5a0a2f.jpg

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

PD, If I were you I would opt for more grafts--as many as possible with your level of loss. Whatever you decide though I'm sure Dr. Feller will do an excellent job as always.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

PD,

Congratulations on your decision! It sounds to me as if you've done your research. After consulting with so many doctors, I'm sure you've got very realistic expectations for the number of grafts you're getting.

I wish you all the best and I hope you will continue to update us on your progress.

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

PD, I suspect you'll need way more than 2400 to give decent coverage... given the extent of hairloss that you've experienced. I understand you want to tackle only the hairline at this stage (which is a smart strategy), but even then you'll most probably need more than 2400.

Finally met the man himself (Dr. Feller) during my consultation few days ago. What can I say, he is everything most people in this forum say he is plus much more. I am pleased with his professionalism and will schedule an HT with him as early as this June. My previous HT in RI fell short of my expectations but with Dr. Feller, I'm sure everything will be great.

Thank you all for your comments, advice hairthere, TakingThePlunge, ForestGump & spex.

I have no doubt, my loss could easily take close 4500. But I didnt want to go all the way as my goal is not a perfect head of hair, but just an optimal coverage that will go a long way with lesser trauma. I think after a certain point, the graph of trauma vs. look is going to have a lesser slope - its not exactly linear 45 deg. ! Besides, I am only 37 and there is this huge unknown of how my loss is going to progress, what if I wanted to get another one where it matters the most 10yrs down the road? what if the loss progresses so much that I have no option other than shaving.. well, may be not!

I think Dr. Feller understands what I am going through and that matters a lot to me, not pushy at all, and that keeps me very much at ease..

Anyways, thanks guys, for all your encouraging words :-)

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

PD,

It sounds like you put in a ton of research, so kudos on that! Without mentioning any specific strengths or weaknesses of particular doctors, I'm curious to know if you found any major differences between them worth sharing, and if so, what those differences are.

Thanks,

Panama Jimmy