Donor area healing query

Hi,

just lookjng for some feedback on my donor area. I appear to have some red spots in my donor area. I am 5 weeks post op and had 3700 grafts taken. Lookjng for some feedback as i don’t know what to expect at this stage post op and whether I am healing as expected. I’ve attached a few photos.

680A0B0F-BA2C-4367-8DEF-71B359974057.jpeg

2ECB2D65-8E1C-4A8E-8E85-13C9277F5D17.jpeg

2BA99074-0062-4554-A750-F9B4D7B90C08.jpeg

• Administrators

Looks healed, obviously you can see scarring but that’s to be expected. I do see a pimple. Looks like you may have some ingrown hairs. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Get used to the pimples, you will most likely see more.  Try not to pick or squeeze them if you can resist.  They typically take care of themselves and will heal on their own.  Look at my website below and look back to September 2012.  I included a narrative and pictures throughout my journey.  Everyone is a bit different but it will give you something to compare to at the five week mark.  

Healing looks good and you have a lot to look forward to.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

5 weeks is a relatively short period when it comes to healing after any surgical procedure. Just give it time for the whole area to heal. For any scar to mature, it can take months to years. Nonetheless, it does seem you have some pimples/ folliculitis. This generally resolves on its own or with some warm compresses. In some cases, antibiotic ointments or even oral antibiotics may be needed- rarely though. 

Best of luck going forward- remember it is a waiting game. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like things are healing well if only 5 weeks post-op and 3700 FU's where extracted. If you start to get a bunch those little pimple like lesions in the same area then an antibiotic might be required. If they are just a few random lesions that usually clears up on its own.