HT & Outdoors

I see many HT's that look really good in pictures on this site. I was hoping to get some feedback from HT patients on how their HT's look outdoors in the sun? Any type of feedback is appreciated. Thanks

I see many HT's that look really good in pictures on this site. I was hoping to get some feedback from HT patients on how their HT's look outdoors in the sun? Any type of feedback is appreciated. Thanks

crow1,

Ultimately, any hair transplant with an adequate illusion of density will stand up in natural lighting conditions. Lighting and its direction however, can play a major role in how dense it appears at any given moment.

For example, when I am facing the sun and it's shining at my hairline, my hair appears very thick with no signs of thinning - much how a flash photo makes a hairline appear thicker. However, when the sun is behind me, there is no shadow from the hair on my scalp and it appears thinner.

Ultimately, unless you are able to achieve "true" density, (which is quite rare and virtually impossible for those with extensive hair loss), expect lighting and its direction to impact the illusion of density.

Best wishes,

Bill

very good question crow1 and prob not talked about near enough.. i think you will find just about EVERY HT patient will note that overhead sunlight is his enemy.. i know thats the case for me personally.......

like Bill noted placement of the sun, is key.. ive also noticed when it sits lower in the sky and is infront of me, it can indeed have the "FLASH" effect and give the appearance of false density..... i can look decent in most conditions but ANY overhead sunlight, or ANY direct overhead lighting that shines downward like you might find in a evening out to dinner, or in some bathrooms, cuts my transplanted area TO PIECES. it becomes very thin, it looks terrible, unnatural and is pretty depressing..... i avoid overheadlighting at all costs for this reason.. my self image can only take so much before my day is shot and i dont want to leave the house

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

• 2 weeks later...

new2--- i just want to say thank you for posting such honest pics.... how does your barber feel at this point, now that the hair is starting to fill in?....overall, how do you feel at this point?

all the best man

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

lost my swagger ??“ Thanks for your comments. I am trying to be as objective as possible. The last (second) time I went to my barber, as soon as I sat in the chair, another customer came in, so we could not talk. I will find a way to discuss with him the next time. I am seeing a difference since I last posted my pictures and will post a 6 month update shortly and would certainly appreciate your feedback. I am thinking that I may hold off from commenting, since I don't want to prejudge. With that said, there has been some improvement since I last posted. One day last week I was talking to a colleague about weight I have been trying to lose and she said I did look younger. I think that was more the hair than the weight. Thanks again and let me know if you have other questions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Depends on your degree of hair loss and the area covered. If you restore only your hairline and you get very high density of transplant, then you won't look that bad in the sun.

However, if you have extensive balding, then it would be practically impossible to have high density throughout.