1 month post op

Hi guys, i have one month and one week with HT surgery.

My question is: i have a lot of dead skin on my recepient area.. is it safe to rub it on my head to wash it away? Ive done it a bit but i noticed that also the hair strands are falling. Is it normal to fall and is it alright to rub a bit harder?

Also after how many weeks or months i can get a haircut with scissors?

Edited by Clark.Ethan

The transplants are under your skin and, by now, there is no way you can harm them.  Get in the shower, let it soak with warm water and scrub away with the tips of your fingers until everything is gone.  

You typically want to wait until the sutures are out to get a haircut.  This is on a per clinic basis, but it is typically 14 days post op.  I am certain these have been removed by now?  You can get a haircut at any time.  Oh, I would also have them wash the hair just to make sure you did a good job. Besides, it is nice when someone else does it.

Normal washing and scrubbing the recipient area is normal by 7-10 days (different preferences exist). A month is way beyond safe. A hair cut is also fine by now.

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Yes, you're way overdue for a solid hair washing! Those grafts have been secure for almost a month now... Also very safe to get a haircut at 5 weeks post-op. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56