Pregnant wife - should I wait or start finasteride now?

s14a

Afternoon all, I have been searching but unable to find a definitive answer.

I am booked in for FUE this week, I've never taken finasteride only minoxidil. Should I wait until the pregnancy is over (6months time) before starting finasteride or if I store it at work should I start finasteride? Unsure whether finasteride can transfer to partner through sex??

Any advice appreciate, thanks

You've waited all this time, what's 6 months. I doubt much is going to happen in the 6 months anyway given you'be been using Rogaine consistently, at least I hope.

Most doctors believe, for finasteride to have an effect, a man needs to ejaculate a quart. Not even an elephant can do that.

For the potential side effect of hypospadias, the woman would need to break a pill, (they come coated now), put it in her mouth, and must happen on the 3rd month of pregnancy.  If you believe this could happen, take the pills to your office.

If this is your first child, lots will go through your head....responsibility, fun, care for another human being, other worries, love, etc....why compound the problem and then say...."I should have waited" Again, wait. 6 months will fly by.....And, if you eventually do decide to take the med, stay on it.  

Definitely ask your family doctor.

From what I’ve read, it is NOT safe for pregnant women to touch any non-coated or broken Finasteride tablets at all, if you don’t split them and they are coated just keep them where she won’t be in contact with them. As for you having Finasteride in your system with possible sexual contact I believe some guys here have mentioned that they were on Finasteride and still conceived healthy children, including @spex , but definitely ask your or her physician. 

Edited by CosmoKramer