Density Question

So yes I understand that a hair transplant is the illusion of density. My question is, if my hair is calculated at 75 per cm2 and i get a hair transplant at 50 per cm2 then shouldn't my hair appear pretty much the same as native, as from everything I've heard, you need to have less than half your native density for the naked eye to even tell that hair is being lost

Keep in mind, density is also dependent on this main factor alone :

if 60 per cm2 but majority is double, triple and quads then you are good

if 75 per cm2 but majority is singles, doubles only, then you get less density 

I think surgeons should solely focus on extracting/identifying beforehand using magnifiers if possible as to how much doubles, triples they could  extract. Avoid pulling too many singles ( only 200-500 required in  most cases for soft frontal hairline - 2/3 rows in the front )

science should focus on this aspect alone and it will impact density in a positive way if there is a foolproof way of identifying spots in the donor  where more doubles,trips are present. 

its like when scientist discovered oil under that sand. not all areas but some are full of oil. 

• Like 2

Interesting subject, particularly when you take into account new techniques.  There are doctors that can achieve amazing density with a single procedure.  I call it the 3D effect.  It has to do with positioning of the grafts and the concept of shingling.  

Hair in the middle grows forward, as does the hair in the front.  So, as the hair from the top comes down, it kid of lands on top of the hair in the front, creating density.  This same concept applies to patients that comb their hair to the side which, I think, is a smart way to create the illusion of density. But, to do this, you do need grafts......tons.  

It would be interesting to find out from the doctors the numbers they typically work within a cm2