Hairline & Temple Work - Dr. Ron Shapiro

Here is work by Dr. Ron Shapiro on a local patient who has ideal hair characteristics with very good donor density and laxity. I think we can all agree his degree of loss is minimal compared to many out there. He is in his mid 40's and wanted his hairline and temples addressed. He states he will make regular visits to SMG to take progress pictures.

2176 Grafts - 4178 Hairs - with Dr. Ron Shapiro

Here are his pre-op -

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

1 Day Post Op after shampoo -

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

10 Days Post after suture removal and hair cut -

Slidea.jpg

Slideb.jpg

Slidec.jpg

Slided.jpg

Slidee.jpg

hi janna looks absolutely fantastic as usual, just a quick question if you dont mind re temples-- ive seen lots of temple work on the forums over the years from many different clinics, a lot of them are good but a lot are not so good and look odd in colour and stand out a mile. So i was wandering is there a specific area in the donor site hair should be extracted that are closer to the original temple hair colour and calibur

just curious is he on meds to help prevent/slow future loss

regards bullit icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Originally posted by Rachmunas4life:

I'm wondering if Dr. Shapiro prefers the patient shaves down in these hairline procedures or can go with that hair length? Looks great by the way!

I don't think he put any in the central core "tuft" area. Hence no need to shave it. Correct me if I'm wrong Janna.

The area below the blue drawn in line is where the work was done, so a small portion of the recipient area is within the frontal tuft. If the tuft isn't addressed at this point, the density would not be even with the transplanted areas. Since we worked on such a small area with hair, we were able to work with the native hairs long.

It is easier to work in the recipient area when the hairs are shaved, no doubt about it. But we'll work with longer hairs.

areaofwk.jpg

BN,

Within the donor strip that is harvested, there are varying degees of fine and strong caliber hairs. We separate the finer singles from the stronger ones to be planted at the "points" of the hairlines and front edges of temple points.

Yes, he is on Propecia. Thanks for asking.

When this patient came in for his next day hairwash he also inquired about the number of grafts into the temple points. Dr. Shapiro's reply was - he needed a little bit more on the right side so approx. 200 incisions on right and 150 on the other.

Severn - I think you are spot on with your guess. That's what we'd estimate too.