Advice Needed: Hairline Maintenance

ClarkKent77

Hello there, everyone. 

Short version:

My hairline is too see-through for my liking, so I shaved the whispy hairs (there is a “solid” “hairline” half a centimeter behind my natural hairline), but that left me with a thin “coastline” of stubble. I don’t want to have a see-through hairline, and I don’t want a thin line of stubble. What do I do?

Longer, more detailed version:

I am 38, and I have diffuse thinning. So far, I have used thickening spray (Bouffe) and fibers (Toppik) to maintain the illusion of full hair. 

A few months ago, however, my hairline area became a bit thinner. Spray and fibers were obvious in daylight or bright light. I noticed that there was a “solid” “hairline” about half a centimeter behind my natural hairline.

In a moment of desperation, I shaved the whispy hairs. The end result looks better in some respects (not see-through), but worse in others (there is a thin line of stubble). 

I eventually let the hair grow back, but I couldn’t live with the see-through factor, so I shaved it a little (being careful to only shave the thin, whispy hairs). 

So, I’m back to square one. I don’t know what to do. I tried Derm Match, but that looked fake. I enquired about getting laser removal (I know I know) for the thin layer of stubble, but the clinic said they don’t do hairlines. 

What would you guys recommend? I’d appreciate no judgement or insults or whatever.  

Cheers! 

312E5157-E74C-44FE-8DCE-E2F4C75E5651.jpeg

57444AE6-C09B-4A48-BD2B-85E5B633226A.jpeg

F34E8AE3-C910-4DD8-9182-01BB91EA91EB.jpeg

You have a thick, dense head of hair sitting beyond the initial line of hair loss, a hair transplant of 1500 to 2k grafts I bet would do absolute wonders for you bro, and if you keep your hair long on the sides like that you could easily have an FUT over an FUE so to get a better transection rate and better graft quality and it will cost less. Best option in my opinion.