Intro

I’ve done some research and I want to be corrected if I’m wrong. If I can be, I will have the confidence needed to consult with ASMED. 

About me

Late 20s

Norwood 3V (minor loss at crown)

Finesteride and Minoxidil - hair loss stable.

Goals

Restore hairline and temple points and minimal loss at crown.

Thoughts 

ASMED

ASMED get decent results but it’s roulette in terms of which tech team you get. 

Donor management isn’t the best - they use more grafts than other clinics to achieve the density illusion. I’ve also seen more aggressive hairlines on younger patients than more conservative clinics. I worry that if the meds stop working down the road, I could be left with limited grafts and an unatural look.

FUE

I have three crowns so having super short hair for me has never worked. Therefore I’m not worried about FUT

I also think FUE isn’t great when you’re younger because of how loss can resume: you can get more grafts out of FUT in the long run and it doesn’t destroy nearby follicular units like FUE.

FUE is blind. FUT has better survival rates.

Conclusion

I am actively considering ASMED but the above consist of my reservations. Therefore, I’m also thinking FUT with Hasson Wong.

I think you need to narrow down which type of procedure you want first before you start deciding on a list of clinics. Obviously there are FUE only clinics like asmed but the important thing is you want to choose a clinic/doctor that excels at the type of procedure you want. I think asmed has the potential to give great results through FUE but obviously there are many more clinics that are as good and in some cases better (all my opinion of course). 

H&W in my opinion are at the forefront in terms of FUT but there are also a few others out there like hattingen that can keep up with the best.

Seems like youre at a fork in the road in terms of which procedure to go with and this is understandable as youve made some good points. Consult with as many docs as possible. In person consults are the best. Ask as many questions as you can so you feel comfortable. You touched on a very good point which is donor management. I think this is a key part of the equation when pursuing a transplant at a relatively young age and you want to choose a physician that takes very good considerations for donor management.

Good luck

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alan1234 said:

Intro

I’ve done some research and I want to be corrected if I’m wrong. If I can be, I will have the confidence needed to consult with ASMED. 

About me

Late 20s

Norwood 3V (minor loss at crown)

Finesteride and Minoxidil - hair loss stable.

Goals

Restore hairline and temple points and minimal loss at crown.

Thoughts 

ASMED

ASMED get decent results but it’s roulette in terms of which tech team you get. 

Donor management isn’t the best - they use more grafts than other clinics to achieve the density illusion. I’ve also seen more aggressive hairlines on younger patients than more conservative clinics. I worry that if the meds stop working down the road, I could be left with limited grafts and an unatural look.

FUE

I have three crowns so having super short hair for me has never worked. Therefore I’m not worried about FUT

I also think FUE isn’t great when you’re younger because of how loss can resume: you can get more grafts out of FUT in the long run and it doesn’t destroy nearby follicular units like FUE.

FUE is blind. FUT has better survival rates.

Conclusion

I am actively considering ASMED but the above consist of my reservations. Therefore, I’m also thinking FUT with Hasson Wong.

I’ve just had a procedure at Asmed and can’t speak highly enough about my experience. I personally thought the clinic itself and all staff were amazing and I’m very happy so far even though I’ve got a long way to go. 

From my consultation I was basically given 2 options for my hairline design with 1000 more grafts needed to bring it slightly lower and to also include side temples which I opted for. 

Again from my own personal experience, I know one of my team of techs had 15 years experience working with the Doctor.