Dr Cooley 4222 FUT - 13th Dec 2018

Merlin

• Administrators

Man, you're making me want to call up Dr. Cooley haha. Amazing result man and thanks for keeping us updated. I see you had a solid head of hair prior to this surgery. I think my crown is similar to yours. How much has your life changed since having the procedure?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 8:15 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Man, you're making me want to call up Dr. Cooley haha. Amazing result man and thanks for keeping us updated. I see you had a solid head of hair prior to this surgery. I think my crown is similar to yours. How much has your life changed since having the procedure?

Thanks. Dr. Cooley is solid. There are many good providers out there, but you cannot go wrong with him.

My situation was that seemingly (partially due to change of hairstyle from long to short) my hair-loss became more obvious overnight and I was using a combover to hide with lots of hairspray. I had to be very strategic when going out to avoid the weather/activities mess my hair.

Now I am more care free and I am not thinking of my hair unless I want to style them for some nice occasion. In August, I had a care free vacation at the beach and I was able to fully enjoy it.

Now I just hope this will last for long time, and since the surgery I also started propecia with no side effects this time (I started very low and super slowly until I gradually reached the recommended dose; maybe that helped). 

• 2 months later...

I just had my procedure with Dr. Cooley in early December.  My hair loss is isolated only to my crown area and I went with FUT 3100 grafts.  I'm in week 5 and am in the dreaded ugly duckling phase.  I've shed all my implanted grafts about 2 weeks ago and there appears to be some shock loss in the crown area.  My bald spot looks wider than it did before.  Reading though this thread has helped me immensely, waiting is the hardest and most frustrating part.

25 minutes ago, Musicman74 said:

I just had my procedure with Dr. Cooley in early December.  My hair loss is isolated only to my crown area and I went with FUT 3100 grafts.  I'm in week 5 and am in the dreaded ugly duckling phase.  I've shed all my implanted grafts about 2 weeks ago and there appears to be some shock loss in the crown area.  My bald spot looks wider than it did before.  Reading though this thread has helped me immensely, waiting is the hardest and most frustrating part.

Yes, I just had a 2nd procedure after about 9 years. First one was June 2010 second one was in July of 2019. I'm about 6 months out. I started seeing more density after 4 or 5 months. Enough to not worry about how I combed my hair after 5 months. It's the longest 4 months of my life seemingly. 

Edited by mikemorrow2000

6 minutes ago, Musicman74 said:

I desperately need a hair cut too. I want to cut it short but I have no idea how short I can go and still hide the FUT scar.  I was thinking a number 4 but maybe I should play it safe and go with a number 6 clipper.

I still have him use the clipper but I'm not sure what number. He used to go all the way up in the back but now he only goes up about halfway. I guess he's trying to hide the scar. It bothers him more than it bothers me. I told him I'll just tell people I had brain surgery. He asked "to have one put in"? And I told him no to have some taken out. It just got too big for my head. 🤕

1 minute ago, mikemorrow2000 said:

I still have him use the clipper but I'm not sure what number. He used to go all the way up in the back but now he only goes up about halfway. I guess he's trying to hide the scar. It bothers him more than it bothers me. I told him I'll just tell people I had brain surgery. He asked "to have one put in"? And I told him no to have some taken out. It just got too big for my head. 🤕

I know, not funny. But he was amused. 

• 6 months later...