Light sunburn 10 months post HT.

As per title. I'm a few months off the 1 year mark of my surgery, I was an early grower and am already at a stage where I am happy with my results.

However today I was out in the sun for an event for around 2 hours. I wore sunscreen but neglected to get one area near my hairline where the grafts have already grown in. There is a small patch of light sunburn (more pink than fiercely red)there now on my skin and creeping into the transplanted area. I can see becuase I have the sides and back in a short fade style. I say 'light' becuase it's not super red, no blistering and there is no pain associated with it at all.

I've been very careful this whole time to avoid sunburn at all costs so to trip over so close to the finish line I feel like an idiot. Should I be worried? 

IMG_4017.JPG

I think you're fine at 10 months as well. We tell our patients to avoid the sun for 6 months, but sun exposure is one of those things that varies from surgeon to surgeon in terms of how long you need to avoid it. 

If it were me, I wouldn't panic at all if that eases your mind at all. 

(Also, your work looks incredible!) 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I also concur at 10 months, you should be fine.

The promising news is that you did not experience an acute burn.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY