Lightly plucking telogen hairs

I’m 2 months post op and sent an update to my clinic. They noted some stubble left on my transplanted area and said they must be rubbed off as they are lingering telogen hairs and may impede future growth. I let them know I have been showering daily and rubbing the area to no avail. I asked if it was ok to use tweezers to pull them out lightly and they said it’s ok.

Most of them would come out with light pulling with tweezers but I noticed some nearby vellous hairs come out with them. The vellous hairs had very small white ends on them. My question is were these additional vellous hairs newly growing hairs from my transplanted grafts or old miniaturized hairs? Did I just eff up hard?

Edited by jj51702

@jj51702

At 2-months post-op they are old miniaturized hairs.

I always say this... imagine after your hair transplant has grow in...and you're having fun again, living it up :)...I walked up and plucked 5 hairs from your head.

Would you freak out, yes. Would you notice the missing hairs,  no. Not at all. They have zero impact on the final result. A couple of hairs are not going to make any diff. 

...however, maybe keep those miniaturized hairs. They can help with the naturalness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HairLossMentor said:

@jj51702

At 2-months post-op they are old miniaturized hairs.

I always say this... imagine after your hair transplant has grow in...and you're having fun again, living it up :)...I walked up and plucked 5 hairs from your head.

Would you freak out, yes. Would you notice the missing hairs,  no. Not at all. They have zero impact on the final result. A couple of hairs are not going to make any diff. 

...however, maybe keep those miniaturized hairs. They can help with the naturalness. 

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I wasn’t purposely targeting the nearby miniaturized hairs they just happened to get caught up in the tweezers with the dead telogen hairs I was trying to remove. Great example by the way, really puts it in perspective. 

You all must analyze your head by the hour.  I am about 2.5 months, and I don't even think about it.  I would go crazy doing what you guys do. Plucking sounds very counter productive to me.  This is my 2nd transplant and and I treated my first with kid gloves and it turned out great.  I am treating this one with kid gloves and I expect as good of a result.  I have never scrubbed or plucked even one time.  I don't fit in this culture if this is the crap you guys believe.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

1 hour ago, Dazed said:

You all must analyze your head by the hour.  I am about 2.5 months, and I don't even think about it.  I would go crazy doing what you guys do. Plucking sounds very counter productive to me.  This is my 2nd transplant and and I treated my first with kid gloves and it turned out great.  I am treating this one with kid gloves and I expect as good of a result.  I have never scrubbed or plucked even one time.  I don't fit in this culture if this is the crap you guys believe.

I wish we could all be as manly and cool as u. I didn’t know Jason statham was on this website. Certified badass