FUE into FUT

Just off hand I don't know how that would work.  Scar correction is a major plastic surgery issue.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

I seriously wonder about this.  I believe the graft would look worse than the scar.  I wouldn't let anyone but a skilled plastic surgeon do something like that, not a doctor that only does hair transplants.   Scar revision is very iffy at best.  RealSelf is a plastic surgery review site.

https://www.plasticsurgery.org/reconstructive-procedures/scar-revision

https://www.realself.com/Scar-removal/reviews

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

I did but wasn't that great.. beard grafts were used   From Dr. Bhatti.  I'm gonna get a complete scar revision next year and then try again with a FUE into the scar if it's needed.   This picture is pre-op to my FUE with Dr. LArwong

scar.jpg

All I can say is read up on Plastic Surgery.  This is not a hair transplant issue it is a Plastic Surgery issue.

Yeah but a hair transplant doctor who has cut out and sewn or stapled up 100's if not 1000's of patients scalps seems to have great grasp on how to perform the procedure.  I'm considering Dr. Wong/Hasson because of their history of great scars.  

Dazed, I think we are talking about 2 different things,

I im talking about having and FUE procedure after and FUT procedure and having some of those Grafts put into the scar to conceal it. Does this make sense? 

• Administrators

It's done all the time, the issue is hair growth in scar tissue is always sub-par compared to virgin scalp. It can improve the scar, but never fully conceal it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've seen this done multiple times.  It will not cover the scar completely but it will help to camouflage.  SMP seems to work fairly well.  The only issue is that this needs to be done every 3-4 years depending how quickly it is metabolized.  

Excising the scar is also an option, but this will leave another scar and no guarantees that the scar will be smaller. This is a function of wound healing.

Agree with Melvin, there is also no guarantee what the outcome will be putting grafts into scar tissue.

If the scar is within acceptable parameters, perhaps the best thing to do is to keep the hair just above the scar a bit longer so it drops down and covers.  You can fade from there down.  

6 hours ago, Wicky said:

Dazed, I think we are talking about 2 different things,

I im talking about having and FUE procedure after and FUT procedure and having some of those Grafts put into the scar to conceal it. Does this make sense? 

Will scar tissue accept transplants - I don't know.  Will there be enough blood supply.  Scar tissue is pretty mean stuff.  I saw triplets that were burned in a fire and treated with DeepFX fractional laser.

21 hours ago, densedream said:

I did but wasn't that great.. beard grafts were used   From Dr. Bhatti.  I'm gonna get a complete scar revision next year and then try again with a FUE into the scar if it's needed.   This picture is pre-op to my FUE with Dr. LArwong

scar.jpg

My FUT scar is much more of a line.  Yours is much wider than mine.  It would be interesting to know the outcome of your revision and the technique they use.

• 2 weeks later...