Is There A Perfect Time To Get A Hair Transplant?

• Administrators

Whether individuals wait for the perfect age, perfect deal or perfect season. There is no perfect time to get a hair transplant IMO, but there are several factors to consider. If anyone is waiting on the perfect deal they should not go through with it. For example waiting for a groupon for a hair transplant is never a good idea. What do you guys think?

Is There A Perfect Time To Get A Hair Transplant?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

First the individual would need to meet with a doctor and let him know what his expectations are. If the doctor says that he has lost enough hair and his expectations can be met. Then the individual needs understand what is involved in the procedure and make sure all his questions have been answered. So then the right time would be to have it done when his hair loss bothers him enough and he is looking for a permanent solution.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

• Administrators

Great point Stuart!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

It would actually seem the season of the year is important also.  I doubt that summer is the best time to get a transplant.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Dazed said:

It would actually seem the season of the year is important also.  I doubt that summer is the best time to get a transplant.

You would think that, but I actually got two of my transplants in the summer, it actually helped with the shaved head. I said I shaved it for summer and no one suspected anything. However, winter and fall have their advantages as well. 

View my thread

Good subject...It can be taken in a number of directions.  Let's go with price for a second.

So you start by surfing the internet....Find a number of clinics close to you.  You start calling to check who has the best price.  You find them!  $1 per graft.  Go to consultation. You are so excited about getting something done that you don't listen to anything, do not review photos, don't ask questions.  You just want to move forward with the best price ever.

STOP

Do yourself a favor.  Get educated. Review photos.  Look at the list of doctors provided here.  There are brilliant doctors out there that truly know what they are doing.  Discuss all non-invasive options.  

When?  When you are educated.  When you can take a few days off.  Vacation time?  Christmas?  Makes no difference.  Summer? Sure but be careful to burn each of the incisions as you will then freckle permanently.  Use a blocker and a cap and you should be fine.