FUE vs FUT + Best Surgeons

Hi All

I know this is a question which comes up frequently across many different forums and communities so apologies for duplication, however I was after some up to date opinions regarding...

FUE vs FUT
From what I have read FUT provides better yields than FUE. There is the linear scar to consider with FUT as I usually have quite a short haircut, however is it not also true that FUE can leave scarring and in the case of FUE of course it is not one linear scar but many little punch marks. I know with micro-pigmentation now you can have scars covered up anyway. I believe FUE is less invasive and there is less of a 'recovery' period so to speak.

&

Best Surgeons.

I am yet to consult with anybody however from my reading up my shortlist is - Feller, Rahal, Bisanga, Hasson & Wong.

Thank you in advance for your responses and opinions they are much appreaciated.

• Administrators

Combining both procedures ensures that every possible hair in the donor area is extracted and can be transplanted to the balding areas. There should not be a FUT vs FUE mentality, but a FUT+FUE mentality. If a patient wants to maximize their donor they will have to opt for both procedures, because both procedures produce more hair than just one. 

Warm regards- Melvin 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Ethnicity and hair type and caliber is a big variable when settling on FUE or FUT procedure.  One type of hair type via FUT may be higher yielding vs that same hair type via FUE.  Some hairtypes may be able to withstand both types of procedures almost equally.  

Then you come down to the tools used.

The you come down to how long the grafts is out of body and solution mixtures.  

Then you come down to the doctor skill and involvement.  

Each procedure can be a success or fail if there is somethig wrong with the above.  Goes for both FUT or FUE.

But, ethnicity, hair caliber, texture plays a big role on graft survival during the extraction process.  I am hoping a doctor chimes in on this point somewhere during these discussions.