Implanting Follicle Unit Options

Is there a general consensus amount the HT community? What is the best way to implant the follicles to have the best yield?

I recently did a search on instagram (i know not super official but you’d be surprised what people post about HTs) and came across this one zoomed in video of a team implanting using forceps. I must say, I can totally see why Erdogan uses KEEP and implanter pens. When I saw how the follicles sort of bend and fold when using forceps, I could totally see how follicles could be damaged and not grow. Also I was a bit surprised to see the recipient sites as “slits” rather than specific round “holes”.

Is there a certain technique that I should be looking for? I’m only really aware of forceps, implanter “pen”, and something I’ve heard as the stick and place method? Not sure what that exactly is.

Thanks!

• Administrators

You’re going to drive yourself crazy thinking about the technical aspects of surgery, look for the doctors with the best track record. Look for surgeons who have a video portfolio, tools can be properly and improperly used by clinics, in the end the tool is only as good as the person using it. Hope that helps. Also, we can’t host third party links, you can specify what is the difference between using implanter pens and forceps, most will understand what you’re talking about. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

We’re not doctors (though some pretend they are...) 

Follow Melvin’s advice and look at doctors’ results then go from there

having a consultation and asking what kind of follicular implantation technique the doctor uses - if the question is posed in a doubtful, second guessing kind of way - would probably drive most surgeons nuts. 

• Like 1